Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Daddy Daughter Dance and more

Last year Matt had seen that The Woodlands hosts a Daddy / Daughter dance. He had wanted to take Calyn last year but we found out about it too late. He had mentioned that when we get the e-mail this year he wanted to sign them up.
This year I caught the e-mail and forwarded it to him and asked if he was interested. About an hour later he called to say they were all signed up.
It is more than just a dance, there were photo booths, booths for pottery, Sweet and Sassy was there to fix hair and nail and of course the dancing and dinner. Neither of them knew what to expect which I think added to the fun.
While they were at the dance Max and I had a special date. I told him he could pick anywhere he wanted to go for dinner at first he chose McDonalds (gag!) luckily without him knowing what I was doing, I was able to sway him to Wings & More. The plan was then to go play black light putt putt but unfortunately the wait was 1 1/2 hours :( So we went for ice cream instead. We then went home and played some games and waited for the party goers to arrive home.
When they walked in the door I said how was it? Calyn's response was great, she said "I can't wait to do that again next year!" Their night was a success.
Here are some pictures of them before they left for the party.



On another note, the kids have started their spring sports. We froze our buns off watching Max's first t-ball game for the spring season on Saturday. He did a great job. His new coach is doing a great job teaching them the fundamentals and that not everyone runs after the ball when it is hit. They were very organized and the kids played great!

Calyn has been saying she wants to take golf lessons. There are some restrictions that came with her wanting to play though. She wanted to be by herself (not in a class) and she wanted her teacher to be a girl. Matt asked a lady he works with if her older daughter, by chance, knew anyone on the golf team. As it turns out one of Lexi's best friends, Carly, is on The Woodlands Golf team. Matt spoke with Carly's mom and set the lessons up. Carly spent close to an hour and a half at the Country Club on Sunday talking to Calyn about some of the fundamentals of golf, the grip, the stance etc... and hit some balls. Calyn really enjoyed her lesson and from the sounds of it Carly enjoyed it too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great looking dance couple and Miss Calyn you looked so pretty and I bet you and your date(Dad)had a wonderful time and I can see wanting to go back next year, plus...taking golf lessons..and so glad you have the chance to do all these things...Mr.Max is back to his baseball and after watching you last year, I can see how much more your will learn this coming season..you 2 kiddo's have a wonderful spring and summer..Hugs, Grandma