It was a busy weekend! This weekend was comprised of cooking, cleaning, dancing and partying. Aunt Sandi had come into town on Wednesday night so on Friday I watched the kiddos while mom and Sandi did some runnng around. Thank goodness the kids entertained themselves well in the morning because I had a lot of cooking to prepare for the "girls after recital party" which was actually a surprise 60th birthday party for my mom.
On Saturday morning Merrick and I tried our hands at making buns on 5 year olds, putting makeup on the girls and getting them ready for their big dance performance. We had to be at rehersal at 10:30 a.m.
after rehersal Merrick and I took the girls to lunch then headed back up to the school for their big performance. All I can say is I am one proud momma/aunt. Our girls did GREAT. Of course their group was the best one out there to perform. Unfortunately something went very wrong with the charging of the video camera and we didn't get it on video :( But take my word for it when I say they were so cute and did great!. We asked them if they were scared or nervous once it was all over and both of them said "no we just concentrated on the dance and not all the people" Something I am sure their teacher told them to do. It obviously worked because did I mention they did great? Oh I did? Sorry...
The girls before going on stage
Dancing their little hearts away
Little ballerinas
Calyn
Corry
Calyn back stage
Merrick and a very happy Corry!
Cors popped into this one last second. I think it turned out pretty cute though.
The heads. This one was taken by one of the girls back stage.
After the big performance we rushed home to get thing ready for mom's big party. We told mom that the party was a cast party for the girls and it was going to begin at 6:30. Really all along it was a party to honor her for her 60th birthday. I think it might be an understatement when I say she was shocked that all those cars were there for her. The party went well and I think all that were there had a great time. It was a good oppertunity to celebrate Mom who does so much for our family.
From her kids we gave her a memory jar (as most of you have heard about) with over 300 memories in it. The idea is to pull one memory out per day and read it. From what I understand though, mom couldn't help herself and has already read all of the contents of the jar.... cheater! :) We also are giving her a round trip plane ticket to Ponca City sometime in July or August so that she can have some one on one time with Grandma. It just seems like the last few times she has been to Ponca it has been for big family gatherings. We thought they would both enjoy the one on one time.
Mom making her entrance
A happy group of family / friends
Dad Jack and John (some of mom and dad's neighbors)
Dorene, Annie and Ann (more of mom and dad's neighbors)
The guys playing a game outside felt it was best if they drank out of sippy cups so that their drinks wouldn't spill.
Calyn eating some grub
Mom's birthday cake
Matt and Max
This was a posed picture of mom blowing out her candles because as we were getting to the end of the happy birthday song Max decided to blow the candles out himself.
Max and Aunt Lindsay
Mom opening some gifts
Mom's new purse
By the end of the weekend some of us were just plain worn out! On a whole the weekend was a busy one but a fun one too. We really enjoyed Sandi's visit, the girls dance and the big party.
Now onto the BUSY last week of school. I am sure there will be more posts about that this week...


1 comment:
LOVE the beautiful ballerinas! I am so glad your mom was surprised!
Post a Comment