Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blue Bell Ice Cream Tours

Mom and I have talked about taking the kids to the Blue Bell factory for a tour for quite some time.

It is cheap entertainment, a little education for the kids and let’s be honest, who doesn’t get excited about that scoop of ice cream you get to have at the end of the tour?! (I must recommend the Banana Pudding ice cream! It was too die for!)

The Blue Bell factory is one well-oiled machine. They had conveyor belts with cartons of ice cream, Popsicles, ice cream cones etc… and assembly lines of people boxing, putting flavoring in the machines, tending to the machines and occasionally waving at the tourists. It was very interesting to watch the whole process.

There were no pictures allowed on the tour for the privacy sake of their employees so I can’t share with you through pictures our tour experience.

We did however take advantage of the kids being in a photographic mood and snapped a lot of pictures in the ice cream parlor and outside the factory.

What a fun day!
The Payne kids waiting for Grandma, Corry and Drew to come pick us up.
 All ready for our tour!
 Drew after the tour enjoying his Double Dutch Chocolate
 Calyn with her Cookies and Cream
 Max looking cute between bites of his Vanilla
 Corry enjoyed Vanilla as well, Mom had Strawberry Yogurt.
 "Silly Pose" in front of the ice cream pyramid
 The kids riding on the famous Blue Bell symbol

 The kids and the little girl. this to me is a little freaky. I mean seriously? Doesn't the "little girl" look like an old woman. And the cow almost looks like it is saying cheese!
 An old fashioned delivery truck
 Not sure who these dudes are but I am pretty sure they are important to the company (I didn't read the plaque) The kids took the opportunity to climb on them so of course I snapped a picture.
 Handsome Drew
 The kids resting, well some of them are resting.
 The kids being silly
 and finally a cute one of Calyn on the Cow.

WHAT A FUN DAY!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terry told me about the tour and it was really nice tour...bet the kids will remember the process on how they got the Ice Cream to the store....cute pitures, I might add...all smiles...Hugs, Grandma