Friday, August 17, 2012

Celebrating 80 Years of Life

Two blog posts in one week? Can you believe it? Grandma, please try not to fall out of your chair with the shock of it all… Before I start the main purpose for this post, I want to throw in here that Max gets to meet his preschool teacher tonight! He is beyond excited to Meet Mrs. Ono and to hear all about his class “the Manatee” class. The other day Merrick asked him if he was excited to meet his teacher and he said to her “Yes, but it isn’t Captain America.” Disappointment in life, number 523, when you realize your pre-k teacher is not going to be Captain America.
Now, onto Jack’s celebration…
Jimmy’s dad, Jack, celebrated his 80th birthday last Friday. For obvious reasons, there was a party in his honor (like we need a reason to party, right?) On Saturday a group of us met at Maggiano’s Little Italy for dinner. It was delicious! After we all stuffed ourselves full of pasta, bread and wine we went back to Merrick and Jimmy’s for some more celebrating, more food and more drinks. More people were able to celebrate the 2nd leg of the party at the Dautrich house. We were able to get a nice group photo of all that attended.
It was a wonderful celebration of Jack’s life. It was full of family, friends, laughter, food, drink and a few splashes in the pool.

 The Dautrich Family Connie, Craig, Jack, Lindsay and Jimmy

 The whole Dautrich gang Connie, Craig, Jack, Lindsay, Robert, Merrick Jimmy Corry and Drew

My boys.

  A cute one of Lindsay, Calyn and Olech

 Love ths one of Drew

 Corry and her Aunt Lindsay

 The party attendees

 Jimmy, Jack, Phil (Jack's brother), Phillip (Jack's nephew) and Craig

 Now that is a lot of candles (80 to be exact) Fire! Fire!!!

 Jack, with some assistance from Corry and Calyn, defeating the flames.

  I promised mom I wouldn't put this one on Facebook but I never promised I wouldn't put it on the blog. This is a great one that we tried to take of ourselves. I would say we failed.

 And Finally Olech and Mom

Look at this cute couple! Happy Birthday, Papa Jack!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a gang...Jack has a great family...reminds me of my 80th and wish him many more...80 is still young..(says me)I don't have their e-mail address(home)be sure and tell him Happy Birthday from Pat.