Sunday, August 19, 2012

Max's Meet the Teacher

Max got to meet his Pre-K teacher on Friday. Her name is Grace Ono. She was very nice and very interested in all Max had to tell her. When she came in the house we went to the couch and sat down. She gave Max some crayons and a blank piece of paper. She told him he could draw what ever he wanted to draw. Just hours before her visit, Max had gotten a brand new stuffed penguin that he had found at Hobby Lobby when shopping with Mom. He decided this would be the subject of his art work. Matt and I sat there and watched as he drew a penguin. I have to say that for a 4 year old drawing it had quite a bit of detail. It had a body, legs, head, eyes and it even had a beak. I had never see him draw anything with that much detail. Mrs. Ono then asked Max if he could write his name. He told her it was spelled M-A-X. She said can you write it for me? All be darned if he didn't write out a very clear M-A-X. I have held his hand many times writing out his name but never have I seen him actually write out the letters on his own. We won't hold it against him that he actually wrote it X-A-M. We were just impressed that it actually looked like letters. I guess our little guy is quite the performer. Mrs. Ono also gave Max a new Children of The Woodlands t-shirt and some stickers. She introduced him to Manny the manatee their class mascot and told him that Manny would get to come home with us sometime this year.
Max is really looking forward to school and asks every day if it is his turn to go to school yet. He goes for his come and go day on August 31st and then will start the Tuesday after Labor Day.
I really think he is going to love his class and his teacher. Here's to a great first year of school!

Max and his teacher, Mrs. Grace Ono

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Max...spelling your name and getting to meet your teacher for next year...and getting to draw for her...Hugs,Grandma Pat.