Thursday, January 27, 2011

Calyn's Star of the Week Pictures

First I am going to start of by apologizing for being such a slacker. I call myself this for two reasons 1. I told you I was going to upload the pictures yesterday morning from Calyn's family visit at school and 2. I didn't unload my memory stick before going to her school and therefore did not capture any photos. :( I am just devastated that they are gone. I even tried to do a photo file recovery and there was nothing. I was just sick about it.
You all will just have to settle with my descriptions of how the visit was and try and picture it in your head.
As I mentioned in my post two days ago Matt, Mom Max and I got to go to Calyn's class during center time to hang out with Calyn and see what all she is doing in class.
It was so fun to see her interact with her friends but it was especially fun to see how she treated Max. We were so sad that Drewski was sick and wasn't there. It would have been fun to see him in action as well.
Let me kind of set it up a bit. During center time they have several stations open for the kids to rotate through at their leisure. The assistant Mrs. Y was helping them with creating a new class book at one station. At another table there were paper plates with paint. Kids could dip blocks in the paint and stamp them on their paper. Another station was a block with a bunch of holes in it. The kids would put on safety glasses and use a screw driver to screw in the screws and then unscrew them. The easel was set up with a hard hat with a paint brush on it. The kids would put on the hard hat dip the paintbrush in paint and use their head to paint. The snack station had a sign with the number seven written out. That was how many of the snack they could have - yesterday it was pretzel chips. There were also kids sitting on the big mat building train tracks and playing with trains. It appeared that everything was focused on their fine motor skills.
Calyn was so cute with Max. She would put her arm around him and guide him from station to station. They colored and talked about Freddie the frog. At the painting station with the blocks she put his smock on for him, pushed in his chair, gave him a piece of paper, wrote his name on it and got him all set up. After that they went to the snack station. Calyn counted the dots next to the word seven, spread out Max's napkin then her own and proceeded to count out seven pretzel chips. She then grabbed two cups and poured water in each. After snack was over they headed over to the train tracks. We didn't spend much time there since our time ran out and we had to go.

We really enjoyed our time with her and watching her interact with her friends and her little brother. As we were leaving the classroom several of the kids yelled out BYE MAX!!!! It was cute.
Again sorry there are no pictures. I have now transferred all my files onto my external hard drive so hopefully we will have no more incidents like this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You described the day at school and how she wanted to have Max to be included...I could vision it all from your comments...Good Job.. Hugs, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Cute!! Marta