Last night we had the Arizona memorial on TV and I noticed that Calyn would play for awhile then she would stop and watch the TV for a little bit then go back to playing. After seeing this a few times I asked her if she knew what they were talking about. As I figured, she said no then I explained to her that there was a bad man that hurt a bunch of people, some of them died and some of them are very hurt. Being a somewhat protective mother I didn't go into much detail but enough for a 5 year old to understand that someone did something bad and it hurt a bunch of people. I went onto to explain that the people in the room had met there to pray and remember those that were hurt and killed. She said ok and went about her merry way playing with a big blue ball.
A few minutes later Barack Obama gets up and starts talking and Calyn stopped and watch the TV. Out of curiosity I said Calyn do you know who that man is? She looked at me with this duh mom everyone knows who that is look and said "it's Tiger Woods"
In case you are wondering, I did correct her and tell her that Barack Obama is the President of the United States and Tiger is a golfer. I guess it goes without saying, we watch a lot of golf in our house.




1 comment:
FUNNY.....they do look alike!!!!!!!!Hugs Grandma
Post a Comment