Paci, oh my paci Max has loved you so. The joy you brought to his life, you will never know.
If Max had a choice he would never lay you down. When you weren’t near, his face held a frown.
Saturday, when Max started crying and asked for you, I asked him where it was he last saw you.
He ran so fast he knew where you were. To him I am sure it was all like a blur.
He was so sure looking inside the can he said “I threw it in the trash”. His face held a grin
To his dismay the only thing there was an empty bottle from a Crown Royal stash.
Little did he know, shortly after throwing you away, Daddy came and took the trash for the day.
“Where did it go?” Max asked all sad. It went bye bye, I said. It went out with the trash, taken by dad.
We searched for you high and low. We even looked in Calyn’s basket of hair bows.
Bed time was soon in the air and we were worried about how he would fare.
Max cried a bit, he was missing his old friend but we encouraged him as we knew his broken heart would mend.
That night Max fell asleep. He only woke once and make one small peep.
Right back to sleep he went on his way and woke up late to face another day.
We survived day two without much ado even though we know, he still misses you.
I know it is just a start but we are well on our way to mending Max’s broken heart on this Valentines Day.
We are so proud of Max!
Happy Valentines Day everyone!
3 years ago



3 comments:
Very clever ode!!!! He is doing so great without it. If we had just known how easy it would be just to let him be the one to eliminate it--no crying, just sad acceptance without the fits! Grandma Chebs
Congrats to Max I think now he is one of the big boys.
Dad
I still have one of his Paci that he left here from the "sleep-over"..I'll have to put it away when I know you are coming for a visit...and DD..your "Ode" was from the heart..maybe you may want to take up writing...Hugs, Grandma
Post a Comment