Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fixen it up to sell

Soon The House of Payne will be on the market. Matt and I have decided after 9 years in this house we are ready for an upgrade.
Last summer we had a realtor come to our house and give us suggestions for things we needed to do before putting our house on the market. There were the obvious things declutter, depersonalize, touch up paint, clean doors and windows, power wash etc.... Then she said something that I hadn't even thought of, wash the roof (before and after pictures are below.
We have done most everything on the list so yesterday we had her come back to evaluate what we had done and give suggestions of anything else that we might do. All we have left is power wash, wash windows, and have carpet cleaned (this weekend) and touch up the front and back doors. So I would say in the next two weeks we will officially be on the market.
So want to see some before and after pictures of our roof? It is exciting stuff I tell ya! I am just going to post the back view.

 Before Front (sorry the lighting isn't very good on this before pic)
 After Front

Before Back

 After Back

Oh and two cute kids in the tub the other day. You didn't think I could have a post without mentioning them did you?

2 comments:

The DeCoteau's said...

OK, so saying this probably makes me a complete loser, but the roof looks AWESOME! I never knew there could be that much difference - nice work and good to know. Oh, and the kiddos are pretty darn cute too ;)

Anonymous said...

The picture of the kids in the tub are so cute...would make a cute Card to mail...but let me worn you in about 10 more years...hide all pictures of kids in the bath...cause if they get a chance..they will cut them up...and you will be just sick...Good Luck on your house...Hugs,Grandma