This year we decided to not get a bouncy house for the back yard. We have a beautiful back yard with a very large play structure, golf tee box, hammock, motorized car etc.. There was plenty to keep kids busy. We also decided against the bouncy house since we waited until last minute and none were available. Oops! In the end I was actually glad it worked out this way. Not only did the kids have a blast in the back yard (it was even referred to as Calyn’s very own playground by one of the kids) but it saved us about $200.
The day before the kid party mom and I made these cute little cakes. OK so technically these are not ours but I am an idiot and did not take a picture of ours. I can assure you, they were just as cute. Not only were they cute but they were DELICIOUS as well.
Drew and Grayson getting picking out their glitter tattoos
Merrick showing her glitter art skills by giving Ella a glitter tattoo as Mixon patiently awaits her turn.
Nicholas and Hannah taking a spin in the purple barbie jeep
Calyn, Mixon Benjamin and Audrey playing on the hammock
Unfortunately that is all I have of her birthday parties. Sad huh? I was running around a lot that day 13 kids is hard to keep up with! I didn't even get a picture of her blowing out her candles. I am hoping that maybe mom got one but she and Merrick were stuck in glitter tattoo hell so I am kind of thinking that she probably did not. :(
These next few pictures aren't really birthday related but I had to throw them in there because as you know when it comes to blogging lately I am a slacker. They are in sequence in date though so at least I have that going for me. This was taken the day after Calyn's kid party.
Before we moved into the house Max was fully potty trained. I am guessing with all the stress of moving from place to place, he regressed. We have finally decided that it is time to get back in potty training mode. Pee pees are doing good but for some reason this little guy refuses to poop in the potty. FUN TIMES!
Isn't he cute in his little glow in the dark Frankenstein undies?
Here is Calyn looking all cute on a Sunday morning
Calyn practicing on riding her new big girl bike that she got from Grandma Chebs and Papa Bob.
Max is catching up on his reading while Calyn rides her bike
Max's turn to give the new big girl bike a spin
Calyn chillaxing while Max rides
These are the only two pictures I got of Calyn on her birthday. Here she is getting ready to open presents from Me, Matt and Max. In case you are wondering, that is a flower balloon on the arm of the chair behind her...(mind out of the gutter people)
and one of her gifts, a new princess nightgown for our princess.



3 comments:
Sweet pictures :) Marta
I have Calyn blowing out her candles. I'll send my pictures to Deachi for her to post.
Glad you will have a picture of Calyn blowing out her candles...Did she make a wish? Hugs, Grandma
Post a Comment