Two things to discuss today, First, I always thought Max resembled Papa Charlie. Yesterday my dad handed me a picture of my brother Olech at an early age but when I look at this picture, I see a brown eyed Max staring back at me. Do you? (remember if you double click on these pictures they will appear bigger on your computer)
Next in line for this post... I thought I would share some of Calyn’s school work with you.
In case you don’t want to read all of the first page of the attachment titled RiTin iN KiNGERGRTN, it basically talks about early writing and how pictures tell the children’s story first, then as they start to learn letters and sounds kids start sound spelling or in other words kids write out how a word sounds. Usually at this stage words are not spelled correctly and there maybe Capital letters with lowercase letters. The more they write the better they get.
The note then goes on to give simple tips, tricks and practices to help kids become better writers.
The second and third pages are what I find interesting. Page 2 shows the stages of illustration that kids tend to go through and an explanation of each stage under the pictures. Page 3 shows the stages of writing.
For your viewing pleasure, I have attached Calyn’s Writer’s Workshop for September. It really is interesting to see the progress that she has made in just one short month! Enjoy!
here you can see words hidden in her picture
(sclhr)
I f Cat. (I found cat)
(I see flower.)
I can is
I ws sn
the ws tupes.
I wsu ot the poka.
I can see at the.


















2 comments:
I like that her people are all smiling!!! Marta
Calyn, you are working so hard and that is just great....you will be writing books in no time...and be sure and tell Max that I always thought he and his Uncle Olech were look-a-likes...Hugs, Grandma
Post a Comment