On Wednesday Matt and I sent our little baby big boy Max to school. On the way, I asked Max if he was ready for school? He said "yeah but you are going to be there." I told him that I wasn't but he could play with his new friends and Mrs. Ono. He then said " well, if you cry, then your mommy gets to take you back home." I explained to him that it doesn't work that way, if he cries he still has to stay at school. He just said "oh" then didn't say another word until we got to the school. You could tell he was nervous but still excited. I am happy to report, he didn't cry and when we left he seemed very content playing at the water table.
After mom and I picked him up, we went to lunch and tried to pry some information about his day out of him. We learned that he colored, played with play doh, read a book with Mrs. Ono, played on the playground ( he said this was his favorite part of the day) and had a snack of Goldfish.
I asked Max who he played with on the playground and he said "no one wanted to play with me." shortly after that statement Matt and Merrick just happened to walk into the same restaurant as us. Matt came over and asked how his day was. When Matt asked him who he played with that day he told him he played with Carson on the playground. Hmmmmm.....
As the day went on we found out more about his day. The only thing that still has us puzzled is the boy named Teddy that he played with on the playground. Why does this puzzle us? You might ask. It puzzles us because according to Max Teddy is 26. I assure you that the playground is very secure with only 4 year olds and teachers and no creepy 26 year old guys named Teddy.
So in all I would say Max's day was a success. Let's just hope that tomorrow we have the same experience when I drop him off for his second day of school.
Max had just woken up on his first day.
All dressed and ready for his first day
Max and Daddy
Mommy and Max
Melt my heart! I love this picture!
Max and his huge Batman backpack
A kiss from Grandma Chebs
I love this one of Max and the blue fish locking eyes
Feeling a little nervous, perhaps?
Max playing at the water table. This is how we left him that morning. Matt stood at the window and watched him for a little while (some of us weren't tall enough to see through the window). Matt said he briefly looked around the went right back to playing. I really wanted to peek in the door and watch but I knew if he saw me he probably would have wanted to go with me so I just had Matt give me a play by play of his actions.


1 comment:
What a day....wonder just what he was really thinking...and how was today and then there will be Mon. after a long weekend(to him)Bless his bones...Hugs,Grandma
Post a Comment