Tuesday, September 18, 2012

One Busy Weekend!

What a busy weekend! Unfortunately my memory stick for my camera went MIA. I lugged it all the way to Calyn’s Girl Scout pajama party on Friday evening only to realize the memory stick was gone. I did a quick search for it Saturday morning but realized very soon that I had left it at work.
That said, my pictures are limited to what I took with my iPad. So the quality isn’t awesome but at least you will get the idea.
As mentioned before, Calyn had a pajama party on Friday. A bunch of Girl Scouts (177 of them to be exact) filled the sanctuary of the Presbyterian church with their sleeping bags, blankets, pillows and stuffed animals to watch a movie (Brother Bear) and eat popcorn. Some lucky girls even got their name drawn out of a hat and won big boxes of candy. Calyn was one of those lucky few. She won Milk Duds (YUM!) While the girls watched their movie, the moms from Calyn’s group sat around in the lobby and talked. It was great to get to know some of these ladies. She has a really great troop! The party lasted 2 hours then we headed home.
Calyn and her best friend, Audrey
Calyn and some girls from her troop

Saturday morning Max was supposed to have his first t-ball game of the season. I had received an e-mail around 7 a.m. informing us that the games had been cancelled due to the copious amounts of rain that we had received the day before. I made myself a cup of coffee then went out in my back yard to enjoy the cool (no humidity) weather and listen to the trickle of our rock fountain. After a few minutes the back door opened and out came Max with his little baseball helmet on.
I thought he was going to be pretty sad that he didn’t have a game. I do think he was disappointed but he said it’s ok I will get to play next time.
Saturday we cleaned house, then Matt took Calyn to the driving range to hit some balls. she has decided that she wants to try golf. We are taking baby steps and having Matt take her out to hit balls first to make sure she likes it before signing her up for lessons.
 When they returned we went to the costume store and picked out the costumes for Halloween. Calyn is going to be Rapunzel and Max is going to be Captain America. Both were really excited with their costumes. Now we just have to find Calyn a wig that isn’t $20. Once we get this we will be set.
Sunday was a busy one. We started the afternoon with lunch for Papa Charlie’s birthday #65. His choice was Golden Corral. I hadn’t been there in forever. It was good and the company was nice.
Shortly after lunch we went to birthday celebration #2. The kids had a great time at Haley’ party. They had a magician, Kona Ice which is a snow cone truck (much like the ice cream truck) and swimming in the back yard. After that party we then headed to birthday celebration #3 for Hannah’s birthday. It was at Bouncin Bears It is a big room full of bouncy houses. The adults even got involved in some bouncing. The kids had a blast and were completely worn out by the time the day was over.

Here is a picture of Max being the magician's assistant at Haley's party. I stole this picture from Stephanie's Facebook post. 

Yesterday was back to school and work as usual. I am exhausted and ready for this Friday off and a three day weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Busy, but lots of fun and 3 Birthdays?...cute pictures of the 2 and friends...Bet all slept well Sunday...Hugs to all, Grandma