Do you remember those little books from your childhood (or your kids childhood) You know little Ms. Chatterbox, Mr. Mischief, Mr. Happy etc...
The best one that describes Calyn is Little Ms. Chatterbox! Calyn's little mouth goes about 90 words a minute. She talks and talks and talks! If you give her the chance she could sit there and talk to you for hours without letting you get a word in. For those of you that knew my Grandpa Guier, some say she reminds them of him. She doesn't know a stranger. I don't know if at this young age not knowing a stranger is good or bad. I mean on one hand at least she is out going and energetic and we don't want to stifle that but on the other hand I don't want her going up to the wrong stranger. If you know what I mean?
Anytime we go to the store she has no problem asking the checker what their name is or giving a big wave and saying hi.
The other day Matt and I took her to the park and there was a girl and guy sitting on the bridge that links the stairs to the slide. As soon as we rolled up to the park in the wagon she said "mommy can I go say hi to them?" I said yes that would be fine. So she ran up to them with a big smile on her face and started waving at them. They were very kind and waved back and said hi to her. She then ran back to me and said mommy "can I give them a kiss?" I drew the line there and explained that a wave from her was very kind but that we do not kiss random strangers. LOL Looks like we are going to have to start really talking to her about strangers and how to identify them.
3 years ago


1 comment:
Kissing random strangers? You're going to have to watch that one! :-)
Scott
Post a Comment