Monday, June 16, 2008

Welcome to The Payne Family Blog

OK I figure it is about time that I start a blog for our family.


Here is a little background on our family.


Matt and I met in Junior High. Although we never dated in Jr. High or High School we were great friends and hung out in the same group. After high school Matt went on to UCO on a singing scholarship and I went to OSU. (go pokes)


Our sophomore year in college Matt and I had gone back to Ponca for one of our friends wedding and became reacquainted with each other. We began talking and hanging out more and eventually we began dating. To make a long story short, Matt and I lived in separate towns (even separate states) for 5 years. After those five years we decided that if our relationship was going to go anywhere we better try living at least in the same town for a while. I moved from Ponca to The Woodlands to be near him. In November of 2002 we were married in Kauai, Hawaii.
















And then came the kids...

Matt and I enjoyed being married for a few years before deciding to add new little members to our family. On February 21st of 2005 we learned that we were expecting our first little one. June 2nd we found out that we were expecting a little girl. After several arguments and going back and forth, it was decided that Calyn Grace was the perfect name for our perfect little girl. On October 26th of 2005 Ms. Calyn joined our happy little family. It's hard to believe that she is now 2 1/2! She is so fun and so full of life. Every day with her is a blessing and we are so thankful that we get to share our lives with her!













A few months before Calyn turned two we decided it was time to expand our family once again. We found out we were expecting on August 24th of 2007. December 10th we found out that our new little one was going to be a boy. The name this time was easy and created no arguments. His name is Max Allen. On April 18, 2008 he came into this world screaming as loud as his little lungs would allow. So far Max is proving to be like his sister, a very easy baby. (I am knocking on wood as we speak) We are looking forward to getting to know our little boy as he grows and develops!












So there it is... our family in a nutshell.

My plan is to try and keep up with this blog on a regular basis and continue to send out my monthly picture updates.

Please forgive my first few posts as I am just getting myself acquainted with how blogging works and all the different features it has to offer.

I hope you come back to visit often!








3 comments:

Scott said...

hooray! Another blog to watch!

svara said...

Yeah!!!

lala00 said...

So glad you started a blog! I love checking in on my friends :)