Unfortunately I am carrying it under my eyes! I am so tired today!!!
I started back to work this week (actually last Friday) and the 5 hours of sleep a night is starting to catch up with me. Luckily at my work we get every other Friday off and this happens to be my Friday off!! I am looking forward to sleeping in this weekend... you know, to like 6:30 a.m. or so.
Max is two months old today. His accomplishments so far are eating, spitting up (he has that one mastered), peeing, pooping (another one of his specialties) and going on average 6 hours before needing to eat again at night. He is also full of smiles lately.
He did surprise Matt and I the other day, we had him laying on his tummy on the ottoman and we were sitting there talking to Calyn and looking at Max. Max started getting mad about having to do some tummy time and started rolling to his side. I said oh my gosh I think he's going to roll. Sure enough after a few leg kicks he successfully made it to his back. He was only 7 weeks old at the time! A fluke? Maybe he hasn't done it since but he did it on his own on a flat surface so it went in the baby book as his first roll over.
Calyn has always been a great sleeper and an imaginative child. Both are great things but lately I think objects have been coming to life in her room at night. The other day I had to remove her laundry basket and last night it was the man in the light that was scaring her. I explained to her that it was just a shadow and she would be ok. I told her if she got scared to remember that God will protect her. It must have worked to some extent because she only called me back in her room once and that was to take her magnadoodle out. Before I left that time I asked her if she needed anything. She said I need my bear (which was already in bed with her) and I need Jesus, Mary and Joseph For those that don't know, those are the names of her imaginary friends (at least she keeps good company) Luckily I didn't have to search for them because they were already in bed with her too. :) She cracks me up!!
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment