Friday, May 14, 2010

Pee Pee in the Potty!

Not me, I learned to do this years ago.
Max however in recent weeks has shown an interest without much persuasion. A few weeks ago he was in the bath tub standing up and he tinkled. The look of amazement came over his face as if to say.... that thing does serve a purpose. He just started laughing. He thought it was hilarious. So the next day he was getting nudie for his bath and I asked if he wanted to sit on the potty. He said "pee pee in potty?" and started to climb up. He sat there for a while so I started saying push those pee pees out Max. Naturally, he started pushing on his manhood. I explained that he needed to use his tummy and push the pee pee out. I could see his little tummy working and finally we had success. He was so excited, I was dancing and between Calyn Max and I we had a high five party.
Last night I was in the kitchen cleaning up from dinner and Max was standing right outside out bedroom door. He said "pee pee in potty?" I said do you want to go potty. He didn't say anything but took off running to the bathroom. I took his pants and diaper off he sat there for a few seconds and then..... success! Now I just need to teach him to aim!
Do I think he is ready to potty train, probably not. I tried "potty training" Calyn with the usual things, you know the stickers, treats the usual bribes to get her to train. They worked for a while but the coolness of them wore off. After Max was born she regressed. She would go if I put her on the potty but she never initiated going. One day as I was putting her pull up on her she threw a big fit and said I don't want to wear that anymore. After explaining what that meant we never had a problem with her going on the potty again. When she was ready she told me she was ready and it was EASY!
I hear boys are harder. Max may be 4 before he is actually potty trained but at least this is a start!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Max...good for you...at least it's a start....Hugs, Grandma