So that you all know that we haven’t completely fallen off the face of the earth I thought I would give you a post about Calyn’s upcoming kid party and so he’s not left out, a story about Max and his Halloween costume.
Calyn’s birthday party - We have found over the last several years that there are TONS of kids around Calyn’s age that have birthdays in October. Therefore this year we got a jump on our invitations and we decided to have her party a little earlier in October.
Her kid party will be this Sunday. We have rented a bouncy house with a slide; will have glitter body art tattoos, cookie decorating and a piñata. Hopefully there will be enough to keep all kids and parents entertained. Calyn is so excited that ½ of her school mates have RSVP’d that they are coming as well as many of her friends that she has met through us.
Calyn has been pretty indecisive on the theme for the party so yesterday we decided to just take her to Party City and let her do the picking. She chose a Dora piñata, a Sleeping Beauty balloon, purple and pink plates and cute little purple and pink floral napkins.
The theme for Calyn’s party is Everything Calyn Loves.
Mom will be working on the cake. It is going to be a TALL cake with several layers. Each layer of cake will be a different color (like a rainbow). The outside icing will be a light pink with flowers. Don’t worry I will post a picture after the weekend. I think it is going to be cool!
When we were at Party City Calyn and Max both found costumes that they needed Calyn was Belle and Max was can you guess? Buzz Light Year. Unfortunately PC didn’t have my kids sizes in either of these costumes so we headed ourselves to Wal-Mart. Calyn immediately saw and chose Belle. Her dress is beautiful yellow with glitter everywhere. It comes with a little petticoat and headband. She looked just beautiful in it.
Max of course found his choice too, Buzz. On the surface it looked like we were going to be out of luck but after some persistent digging I had gold in my hands a 2T!
Calyn tried hers on briefly said “don’t I just look like a princess?!” then took it off.
Max cried when Matt put it on him but then after seeing himself in the mirror realized “I’m Max Light Year!” For the remainder of the evening he stayed in his costume. When I took it off of him and put his jammies on him I hung it up in his closet. That was not good enough, he needed to sleep with it, and so he did.
I didn’t get a picture of Calyn in hers but since Max stayed in his so long I was able to snap one of him.
This was Max saying cheese right before he held his arms out "yelled to infinity and beyond" then jumped to his tummy. You can't see it very well but that case in the bottom left corner of the picture is a Buzz "suitcase" (a.k.a lunch box) It holds about 15 Buzz Light Years (most of them are identical to each other) and a few of his friends like Jessie, Bulls Eye etc... Max goes NOWHERE without this case. It even watches him take a bath. It's a harmless addiction.


3 comments:
So glad you found their costumes! How cute!!
I'm eager to see the birthday cake pictures!
WAS THAT BUD LIGHT STANDING ON YOUR BED?????????????CUTE AS CAN BE..WHAT A FUN TIME PLANNING THE BIG PARTY AND GETTING READY FOR "TRICK OR TREAT"...HUGS, GRANDMA
Post a Comment