Friday night we started the evening off with Crown and Coke night like every Friday. We did the usual, drink and talk. Matt rode the “hog” over (his little purple scooter) so that the kids could take turns riding around the cul-de-sac with Matt and Jimmy. While we were watching them take turns on their rides we all decided to brush up on our gymnastic skills cartwheels (by everyone) and back-walk-overs (by me, Corry and Calyn). I am sure we looked awesome out there!
Saturday we went to the Vara house to help Haley celebrate her 3rd birthday. We had a wonderful time. The kids swam and the adults talked. Max was uninterested in swimming so he remained my shadow at the party. Calyn, Corry and Drew had a great time splashing around.
A very happy Merrick
A fish called Calyn
Look at Drewski go!
Jackson Vara in deep thought
Corry on the hunt for some floaties
Max decided he didn't want to swim but he did enjoy coloring a little rubber duck.
Calyn and Corry in action in the bouncy house
Look Ma! no floaties!
Haley getting ready to blow out her candles
Let's eat cake! Max kept asking if he could stick his finger in her big cake... at least he asked first.
Calyn (a.k.a my burrito) eating some cake with out using her hands.
Sunday I had a bridal shower to go to. It was at an old plantation home in Conroe. One of the girls I work with, Tiffany’s in-laws own it. It is beautiful and decorated with old antiques mostly from the 30’s 40’s and 50’s. It is a very cool place. The third floor was filled with old toys from those eras. I really wish I had taken my camera. For whatever reason, I left it at home. They did give us little tea cups as party favors. When I brought it home Calyn and I felt it was only right to have a tea party.
The weather on Sunday was beautiful so the kids and I played outside in the back yard. I came in to start preparing dinner and I saw these cute little monsters looking at me. I had to grab my camera.
Calyn being a silly girl
Smash face!
He really got a kick out of this!
Max cleaning off the nose prints with a little spit.
Our final event for Sunday was dinner with Matt's parents and a little fire to keep our little buns toasty warm.


2 comments:
Thank you for leading off the post with a picture of me looking broad shouldered enough to be wearing pads and a helmet.
Looks like all had a fun time at the Birthday Party...and the Tea Party...how cute....Calyn be sure and don't get your "buns" too close...Hugs, Grandma
Post a Comment