Friday, March 4, 2011

Sick Payne Family = House on the Market Delay

 The plague once again has set in at the Payne house. I took both kids to the Dr. last Friday one was complaining of a throat hurting (Calyn) and the other was complaining of an ear hurting (Max). Imagine my surprise when the diagnosis was bronchitis and double ear infections for both. I was expecting the ear infections but not the bronchitis.

Both were put on breathing treatments. For Calyn, she is easy she just puts on the mask and watches TV. Max on the other hand is not a big fan of breathing treatments. It is like bathing a cat. Miserable!

Despite the kids being sick, on Saturday Matt and my dad power washed and I began painting the back door. The kids for the most part were happy and as long as they had their Motrin they had energy. They enjoyed…..
Breakfast
Daring stunts
Watching daddy power wash

and hanging out in the garage

All the fixing up pretty much came to a stand still on Sunday when Matt couldn’t even get out of bed (he has Bronchitis too) I did manage to clean that space between the window and the screen throughout our house…IT WAS NASTY! Our original plan was to complete the fix ups last week and maybe into this week then have the realtor and photographer come out to the house either the end of this week or start of next and have our house on the market next week sometime. If everyone is well enough this weekend we may get it on the market the week of March 14th instead.

So if you weren’t keeping track of the illness in our house lately, everyone is on steroids and breathing treatments except me and the dogs. I just pray I don’t get it. It doesn’t seem very fun.

3 comments:

Merrick said...

I like Max's manpris

Anonymous said...

Hope the kids and Matt are feeling better...and do hope you don't get it...I think the same thing is makeing it's way around here...Hugs, Grandma

sandih1024 said...

I hope you all are on the road to recovery & able to soon put your house on the market. I wish they had offered me breathing treatments for Mike when he was little - he really needed them. Jacob, Nathan & Joshus were on breathing treatments at one time or another. I am a firm believer in using them when the kids have significant upper respiratory problems.
I can't believe the difference in your roof before & after power washing. Unbelievable!!!!!Are you all going to build or buy a resale that is larger??