Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The "Me" Doll

Calyn had a project at school to highlight their "All About Me" unit in social studies. The kids were asked to create a "Me" doll. They could color their skin and use any materials they choose to create their doll.
Calyn LOVES making paper dolls at Grandma Cheb's house so this was right up her alley.
Calyn did everything from, coloring in the shoes and face, making the holes for the eyes, inserting all decorations. She designed the hair, she chose the pattern for the dress and she even pushed all the buttons on the Cricut to cut out the dress. The materials for this was 100% chosen and assembled by Calyn. All mom and I did to help was guide her. I would say she did a great job.
She was so proud of her "Me" She said to me "When I take her out of my back pack at school everyone is going to say "awe Calyn has the most beautiful "Me" doll. I wish mine looked just like hers." :) It really is cute. See? (you can double click on the picture to make it bigger)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! Marta

timluanne said...

she is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

THAT PROJECT WAS RIGHT UP HER ALLEY..GOOD WORK CALYN...HUGS, GRANDMA