Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Birthday Fun and more...

Before we get into the birthday post I had to share this. A couple weekends ago Matt asked Calyn and Max if they wanted to sleep in a tent in the back yard. He graciously said "Mommy would love to have a camp out with you." I quickly responded with "it is supposed to rain." Whew! I dodged a bullet there. Luckily the kids settled for a camp out in our upstairs living room.
Here is the setup
 and two cute kids being silly in the tent.
 Now onto birthday. I would say Mr. Max had an amazing birthday. More presents than you could imagine, yummy food, family and some friends to share in the fun!

Here is the birthday boy opening one of his big gifts from Daddy, Mommy and Calyn the morning of his birthday
 Here was what was inside. How awesome is that? The box says for 4+. I am going to add that while Max has enjoyed playing with this and the entertainment of it has been fun and fit for 4+, the construction of it was meant for someone old enough to spout out 4 letter words and have a stiff drink afterwards. :)
 Here they are all put together.
 Max also go a new batman sticker to go on his wall. This too was no easy chore to put up by myself. I managed to do it though
 For Max's birthday dinner we went to Wings 'n More. This is a Wednesday night ritual because of their kids eat free. They always have a balloon artist there. I have to say this one definitely earned his tip at our table. Isn't this Mario amazing?!
 Moving on... Not birthday related but too cute not to share, this was taken Friday night after we returned from the Dautrich house. I just had to snap a picture of these sleeping angels. I love them!

 Saturday was family birthday party day. Here were the balloons that Max chose for his party. Surprise, surprise, it's Batman

 The cake mom made for Max
 The cake Wal Mart made for Max
 The coolest pinata ever!
 Kyla, Tammi, Scott, and Lindsay
 The Tiarks girls (Lauren and Madeline) enjoying the rock waterfall and pond
 Superman was even at the party
 nana nana nana nana, nana nana nana nana, Jimmy! (in the tune of the Batman theme song)
 Pinata time! That thing was busted wide open in no time flat!
 Drew and Max playing with all the new toys.
 I LOVE this picture. Grandma Ois bought a little batman outfit for Brown Bear. She snuck Brown Bear downstairs, dressed him and wrapped him up. When Max opened him he said "look a new brown bear!" It took quite a bit of convincing and even a break from opening presents to verify that it was in fact his Brown Bear that was all dressed up!
 Hey look it is Batman/Captain America. The mask came off of his gift bag from mom and dad.
 I think the little guy pulled in quite a bit of loot! Thank you everyone that thought of him on his birthday and those that were able to help us celebrate!
Max you have been a joy in our lives the last 4 years. We can't wait for the many more years we have to watch you grow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MAX, what a great Birthday...and I do believe you have Batman under your control...and what Whoosus..afraid of a little rain and pitched the tent in the house..I thought it was always supposed to rain on a campout...but you and Calyn had fun anyhow, Hugs,Grandma