Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cozmo, You Will Be Missed

To our Cozmo,
My first memory of you was when you were a baby. I had gone to visit Matt at his apartment in Edmond. You were laying on a pillow in the living room floor.
You were so cute and little. You had so much energy!
One time I remember I had just gotten these brand new Brighton shoes. I was SO proud of them. Matt and I left the apartment to get some dinner. I asked him if I should put those shoes in my bag just in case. He told me not to worry about him I think his exact words were “Cozmo never eats anything like that” Famous last words. We came home from dinner and there were leather pieces everywhere. I think it might have been your way of telling me to stay away from your best friend.
You put laughter into our lives, when you were little you would go into Matt’s laundry basket and only pull out the underwear. Matt would come home and all of his underwear would be all over the living room.
You had radar, about 10 minutes before Matt would get home from work you would sit at the front door and spin in circles anxiously waiting for him to come in the door as soon as he walked in you would run wildly throughout the house, occasionally stopping long enough to spin a few more times and get your head scratched.
In your youth, you did not like thunderstorms, smoke detectors or fireworks. You would hide in the bathtub when either of these things were going on.
You had one high pitched bark and you were not afraid to bark at the neighbors, passersby or just the air to let them know that you were there.
You weren’t really a fan of kids at first but they grew on you. Calyn and Max loved you so much and they miss you.
It was really hard watching you age. After 15 years 10 months and 14 days your body had had enough. Sunday morning something happened to you, a stroke maybe? Whatever it was it left you unable to walk. The decision was easy, it was time. However for the heart it was not easy. We hope you know that you were put to sleep because we love you, we want you to have peace and we don’t want you to hurt.
So to our friend Cozmo, Coz, Toonsie, Bootsie, Buddy, Bubsy Handsome, Blue Cheese we love you and we will miss you.
Calyn drew this picture for Cozmo last night in hopes that the angels would take it to him. You can't read the top of it very well because she wrote it in pencil but it says "Cozmo and Jeses (Jesus)"





3 comments:

Merrick said...

You forgot to mention waffle irons, and poker night. Not a fan of those either. Toonsie will definitely be missed.

Anonymous said...

RIP Cozmo! Marta

Anonymous said...

So Sorry to hear...our pets are our very best friends..Hugs, Grandma