Toy Story 3 comes out this week and I am not sure who is more excited me or the kids. Max has a SMALL obsession with Woody and Buzz and requests to watch them every waking minute of the day. He must have Woody & Buzz pull ups, plates, silverware, toys, clothes, underwear (even though he is not potty trained) and even Fruit Loops with Woody on the box. He just lights up when he sees them. Calyn too likes them but like the rest of us in the house is getting kind of tired of watching them over and over and over. We started just having it on in our bedroom so that Max could pop in there when he wants to catch a glimpse of it then go back to playing. Unfortunately, I think he burned out our DVD player, Toy Story overload I suppose. Then we resorted to having it set up in the play room, that was until Max plucked off 5 of our computer keys. I don't want you to get the wrong idea, I don't just set him infront of a TV all day and let him watch, we do tell him no Woody and Buzz A LOT, but if I need 30 minutes to cook or get ready. Woody and Buzz never fail me in keeping Max in one place.
A week ago Friday mom and I took the kids to the mall to play on the germ infested tree and have lunch. As we were leaving I told mom I wanted to just walk by the Disney Store to see what all they have. We didn't go in but as we walked by Calyn caught a glimpse of Jessie, a little cowgirl doll, from Toy Story 2 and she instantly fell in love. I made a deal with her, for a week Calyn had to help me pick up her toys in her room, the living room and the play room every night and if mommy needed help clearing the table for dinner she would help with that too. I must say our little girl worked her tail off. Mom said she even helped her and told my mom I want to help so I can get my Jessie Doll. Last Thursday I told Calyn that she had worked so hard so the next day I would be going to pick up Jessie. She was beside herself! As we were snuggling that night and right before bed Calyn said " I can't wait to get Jessie. I am going to snuggle with her and she is going to give me good dreams." It was quiet for a minute then she said "Mommy, when you bring her to me tomorrow. Can you wrap her in princess paper and put a note on it that says To Calyn, You deserve this!"
The next morning when Merrick walked into mom and dad's house Calyn was waiting at the window. Merrick said
Calyn what are you doing?" and Calyn said " I am waiting for my mommy to get here with my Jessie Doll." When Merrick told me this I had to call and explain that Jessie wouldn't be there until after Max took his nap. That way she wouldn't be sitting in that window all day.
When I got there , finally. Calyn unwrapped her Jessie from the princess paper (yes with the note attached) and her eyes lit up. Little Jessie has not left her side since. I have never seen Calyn so in love with a toy. It really is sweet!




No comments:
Post a Comment