Sunday, July 18, 2010

Breaking the Silence... Our Trip to Cancun

Sorry it has been so long my friends! Work and summer time have kept me busy that is for sure.
Matt and I went to Cancun last week for one of our friend's wedding. We met our friend's CR and Matt at the Casa Magna Mariott Hotel right on the strip. Matt and I arrived a day before CR and Matt and were shocked when we got up to the desk and the guy asked us for our Credit Card. When Matt gave him our Discover card (the ONLY card we have) the man informed us "no where in Mexico takes Discover"...nice. Only having $500 cash we went into panic mode. To make a LONG story sort and spare you some details, Matt and I walked all around Cancun trying to find a Western Union so we could have the credit union wire us money. Turns out we got all the way there and needed our passports so we opted for option 2. We went back to the hotel, bought a calling card and called the credit union and had them wire money to my checking account. This is how we spent our first morning FUN! I know. The rest of the trip was very relaxing and a blast. We met new friends at Craigs wedding and got to see a few that we hadn't seen in a few years.
We had some great laughs with our friends CR and Matt and I was sad we all had to part ways. We were surprised when we were getting ready to board the plane and CR told us oh yeah by the way, I bumped you up to first class. WOW! It was an awesome gift to end a great trip together! Here are some pictures that we took. This is just a sample and once I get them all loaded out here I will post a link so that you can see them all. We took a bunch!
The Hotel...

This was the view from our balcony

The entrance to the hotel
Part of the lobby
The hall way in the lobby leading to our room
A beautiful view of the sunset at dinner one night

Hanging out around the Hotel...
Matt and CR
Matt and I in the lobby
A tasty drink with a beautiful view
Matt L. I mean spider man in a local convenience store

The Wedding...
Molly the maid of honor, Kelli, Craig and Lauren, the best man
Senior CR
Awwww. Kelli and Craig
Pure beauty, I know The lobster and the crab
Me and CR
Matt L. and CR
another one of the happy couple
ooooh la la!
I love this one!
Love birds on the swing :)
some more love birds..
Love this guy!!!
Craig and Kelli at dinner the night of the wedding
Ole!
Love pancho's mustasche!
Yummy food. Let me just say the tamale was to die for!!
Matt preparing to drink some TAQUILA! with a smiling CR cheering him on

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Marta

Anonymous said...

What a fun time all of you must of had...so many happy smiles...take care, Grandma

Abbie said...

Deachi - you look awesome in these pics. Glad you got to get away and have a great time!

Leslie said...

YAY!!!!!! So happy for you all - looks like you had a grand time!!