Friday, July 23, 2010

Taco's and Crayons

This weekend Matt is in Oklahoma City at a rock concert with Jimmy, my cousin Andrew and my Uncle Gary.
Since the kids kept asking about him last night I decided secretly that if they ate a good dinner I would take them to get ice cream. We had taco's. Calyn sometimes eats taco's well and sometimes she prefers nachos so I made both. Initially she asked for a taco so I gave it to her. She took one bite and said "you know, I'm not really a fan of taco's but I LOVE nachos" I guess her statement was true. She ate all of her nachos and guacamole and her taco remained on the plate. Max ate a really good dinner too so we all headed out for ice cream.
The ice cream place we go to has a little area for kids. They don't have much in the area but they do have paper and crayons and two bins full of broken crayons most of which have lost their wrapper. The kids were coloring away and eating ice cream. Max pulled out a green crayon that had lost it's wrapper he showed it to me and said "It's nudie?" I said yup it's nudie and then he said "where's a penis?" Now Max is not the most clear speaker. (he ususally speaks what we call Maxanese) but "where's a penis?" came out clear as day. There was an older couple (around their 80's) with a younger lady (probably in her 60's) sitting at the table right behind us. I thought they were going to die. They were all doing that church laugh thing. It was awesome! My kids have a way with saying embarrasing things in eating estabolishments when I am around.

If you don't remember what I am talking about click here to see how Calyn embarrased me at Wings and more in March.

3 comments:

Abbie said...

That is soooo funny. I love your kids Deachi!!

Anonymous said...

That's funny! Marta

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouths of babes....O, me....Hugs, Grandma