Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Birthday Party and time with Friends

This weekend Matt, Calyn, Max and I traveled to Fulshear, TX (near Katy) to celebrate Madeline Tiarks' 5th birthday. The party was at a little place called The Sweet Tooth Shoppe. It was a darling little candy and ice cream store. When we first got there they had a bouncy house and side walk chalk for the kids to play with all set up behind the store. Once the guests had arrived, we headed inside to the party room where the kids played gummy bear bingo. Max and Lauren didn't quite understand the concept of putting the gummy bears on the card. Instead they thought their mouths were a more appropriate place for them. The older kids had a great time playing. They also had a jelly bean tasting contest where they had to guess the flavor. Calyn got them all right but one but was too quiet (can you believe that?) so the guy never heard her say the flavors. Max just ate them. He didn't really care what flavor they were.
The kids then got cupcakes and ice cream then we headed back out for some more bouncy time and chalk time fun.
After the party we hung around and went to dinner with Leslie Brian and the kids. It was great to catch up with them. In the end it made us all wish that we lived closer than an hour away. We had a great time!

Calyn asked me to take her picture before we left. I have seven of the CUTEST! pictures of her. I just wish I had a better back drop.
The cup cakes
By the end of the party this gift table was overflowing with fun prizes for Madeline!
The set up inside.
The set up outside
Lauren and Brian eating, I mean playing gummy bear bingo
Calyn has her gummy bear bingo playing face on...
Madeline being silly
There's the beautiful birthday girl!
mmmm. icing!
Happy boy drawing with the chalk before he decided it was more fun to throw it and watch it break.
I think Max sat in chalk
I outlined Calyn and Max felt there was something missing. Do you like his addition to the picture?
I love this picture of the girls! Check out the baby doll (a.k.a. Molly) in the back ground
Calyn, Lauren, Madeline and a random child all playing in the sand at the restaurant.
Pretty sure Max has a fist full of sand and is looking for a good place to throw it. Isn't he a cute punk though?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

GREAT pictures - thank you so much for taking them AND making the trek to San Antonio :) We always love spending time with you all!!

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun! Love the pics! Marta

The DeCoteau's said...

You do have a cute punk - black eye and all ;) And yes, I LOVED Max's addition to your outline of Calyn...hilarious! Looks like you guys had tons of fun. What a cool place for a birthday party. Hope your kiddos heal up soon :)