Wednesday, September 22, 2010

School News Letter

Corry Calyn and Drew's school has a great website for parents. The teacher goes out every week and posts lots of picture from their days at school as well as videos. It also keeps track of some calendar reminders such as Star of the Week, bring your family to school day and the day they have scheduled to bring birthday treats for the class.One of the things they also post out there is a weekly news letter that kind of recaps what all the children did that week and the educational reason behind the activity.
Calyn does not realize that she is learning. As an example when I ask Calyn what all she did at school, she says "we just played" I ask her if they learned about letters? "She said, "no, we just played." I said did you get to sing today? (The first day of school she was disappointed that they didn't get to sing) She said "yeah, that was fun!" I asked her what they sang and she proceeded to sing a song that had to do with the letters, their sounds and several words that begin with the letter. She was able to recite quite a bit of the song. She's learning and she doesn't even know it. I have noticed that we will just be talking about something in the living room and I will say something like Calyn pick up your shoes. and she will say "did you know that shoes starts with an S?" I think that is great! OK so now I find myself just rambling... sorry.
I thought maybe you would like to see their newsletter for last week? I must point out a few things one (this is not mentioned in the newsletter but Calyn was excited that she got to be the line leader! She got ot choose what activity she wanted to do first and got to make her snack first. Second, when you get down to the making banana pops section there is a little girl in a flower shirt making her banana. Pay close attention to what the little boy or as we better know him...Drew is doing in the back ground...hilarious!
Just click on the link below.  Let me know if you can't open it.

https://www.activit-e.com/filesys/Content/Forms/53/20100919110643400_TTH%20BFB%20Sept%201317%2010.pdf

2 comments:

Merrick said...

I was able to link to it

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed my day or more in the Class with my kiddo's....so cute...Hugs, Grandma