Mostly this has been the week from H-E- double hockey sticks but that is ok. It is almost over and for that I am thankful. I will try and quickly go through the week of events and then I will finish up with two stories of the biggest blessings in my life, the kids.
First, Merrick and Jimmy had to put their puppy to rest after many years of companionship. Meghan was a good puppy and we were all heartbroken that Cancer won.
Next, Matt and I went to a wedding Saturday night (it was BEAUTIFUL!!) I do have to say it sucked when DJ asked if I was the mother of the bride… second wedding in a row that question has been asked of me… I feel so youthful right now. Oh well
Next, please take it from me and learn from my example DO NOT use your cell phone while driving. It can cause a person to jump a curb, hit a tree, and roll your car! This carries on to an ambulance ride to the hospital, a totaled car and some embarrassment for me. The positive things that came of this, I am alive without a scratch (a few sore muscles for a few days but that is it), I can hug my family and tell them how much I love them and I can thank God I am alive.
For now I will drive around a 35th anniversary edition Mustang, a selection of one of mom and dad's 4 cars.
The stories continue..The car payment for Matt's car was due Wednesday. On Monday I paid it and on Wednesday I went out to my checking account to make sure the payment went through.
This is when I found out that I had dined on expensive sea food, filled up my car with gas, went to Starbucks and bought something at a 7-11… What is funny is I don’t really remember going to Los Angeles last week to do all this… Funny, I thought I was at a conference in SanAntonio...I hope it was delicious. Called the bank money redeposited and issue resolved…
Wednesday night Calyn slept with me because Matt was in Austin for a meeting and a conference, at 4:15 a.m. she woke me up because she had wet the bed. She VERY rarely wets the bed. It usually just happens when she is in a very deep sleep… sigh. A positive note about this, it was on Matt’s side of the bed.
Now on to more positive news…
Max’s vocabulary is really starting to take off. We are starting to hear more words being put together, bigger words being used and his vocabulary is becoming clearer. He still speaks Maxanese but now it is more like English with a Maxanese accent.
His latest thing is taking showers. It is not the most convenient way to bathe a child but if it will get the dirt off without a fight I am willing to make a deal. Anyway, Max likes to play with is little Buzz Lightyear figures in the shower. Yesterday, he asked for all his Buzzes (about 8 of them) and Lotso (the mean bear from Toy Story 3). I left the bathroom for a second and came back to hear Max saying “Save me Buzz, save me Buzz!!” He had all the Buzz Lightyears circled around the cup that I use to wash his hair and Lotso was on top of the cup filled with water like he was about to fall in. This was the first time I have ever seen or heard Max role play with his toys.
Yesterday I had a parent / teacher conference with Calyn’s teacher. I won’t take you word for word through the conference; I will just say I am so proud of our little girl! She is doing so well with her school and social skills and the teacher was very complimentary on how sweet Ms. Calyn is to her peers and her teachers.
Calyn also had to go to the Dr. yesterday for her Chicken Pox vaccine and flu mist. She now weighs 38 lbs (38% for her age group) and is 41.5 inches tall (27th% for her age group) our little girl is growing up!
Even though there were one or two positive things that came out of this week, I hope you can understand my excitement when I say IT IS FRIDAY!! I am so ready for this week to be over!
3 years ago


3 comments:
oh my goodness you did have a week from HELL! I'm so glad to hear you are ok and only came out with a few scratches! The credit card thing is horrible! That just happened to Brenden's mom a couple of weeks ago and everything was done in LA also.. That is scary! Glad the bank fixed everything for you. Just think today is Friday it is Crown and Coke night.. make sure you get the biggest cup.. you deserve it!
Into each life..some rain will fall..but think your RAIN over did itself...it's over and you handled it well...now...enjoy your life and wonderful family...Hugs, Grandma
Hang in there, deachi... we're glad you're OK, and that's all that matters.
Post a Comment