Things have been busy and I almost don't even know where to start. I guess since my last post was about the house I will start there. After all it has been occupying my mind a lot lately.
Last I told you we had a second showing and were hoping for an offer. I think most of you know by now that an offer was made we countered and our counter offer was accepted. We began showings on our house on Saturday and by that Tuesday we had our offer. I was a little in shock that it happened so fast.
The inspection took place last Thursday and negotiations are being made with it now. The appraisal was Saturday. The option period ends on Thursday (the 31st) and closing is scheduled for April 21st. This is all happening so fast. I think the biggest question people ask is have you found something else yet? The answer is no. We will be getting a storage unit for now and living with the Dautrich family. It is so nice of them to let us shack up with them while we search for the home of our dreams.
OK now lets move on to my excuses for not updating the blog lately, 1. I've been preoccupied with house stuff, 2. I've been sick (fever, bronchitis, sinus infection, eye infection) 3. I am a slacker. There it is all out on the table now.
Let's get on to the important stuff, the kids! I haven't done a "what are they up to" post in a while so I thought I would.
Calyn is doing great. She loves school (maybe the social aspect more than the actual school part). She enjoys coloring and painting. She is quite the artist. She loves creating things with paper and tape. This house goes through so much tape! She sings constantly and entertains herself by playing with her millions of barbies and her doll house. She loves practicing cartwheels in the yard and handstands on the couch. She says she is excited about the new house and has mentioned that she would like her new walls to be purple and pink (her two favorite colors). Calyn LOVES dresses. She will fight to wear a dress no matter the occasion (even to go to the park). She is also a huge fan of night gowns. She loves spending time with her cousin Corry (which is good since we will soon be living there). She has two loose teeth. They barely wiggle but they are loose. She has a big heart, has a concern for others and 90% of the time plays very well and is encouraging to her little brother. Oh and Calyn is hilarious! She has a sense of humor very similar to Matt which is a good thing. They always keep us smiling at the Payne house.
Max has gone through a lot of changes in the last month. He recently "threw away" his paci and became a big boy. Since then Max has really grown with his vocabulary and is talking non stop. He loves to pretend to "eat" your body parts. His favorite to "eat" are ears, eyes and nose. He has the brightest blue eyes and rosy colored lips. He loves Buzz Lightyear and wants to wear Buzz shirts CONSTNATLY! His favorite jammies also have Buzz on them. Occasionally we can talk him into wearing a Thomas shirt. When you ask Max about the move he doesn't have a response. I am not sure he quite understands. I fear the adjustment may be harder for him. He loves to hit softballs with his bat, loves to kick balls and run! He likes going for walks and going to the park. He really enjoys working small (24 piece) puzzles. He could do it all day. He is just now starting to enjoy coloring on his own. He likes building with his big cardboard blocks and knocking them down. In the last week he has decided he no longer wants to poop in his diaper and feels the potty is a better place to do it. We are still working on telling us when he needs to pee pee. The little guy has no fear and is a climber. He is a sweet boy that loves his big sister and gives great hugs!
These two kids make me smile!
I know I haven't posted pictures in a while too. I am sorry for that. I will try and get some pictures on here later this week.
3 years ago


1 comment:
O! what a busy life...sorry about not feeling good...and it sounds like the kids are keeping you busy...when you pack..make sure you write what is in the boxes or room...I wonder what the kids will want to keep out to play with? Hugs, Grandma
Post a Comment