On Friday we did our normal Crown and Coke night with the Dautrich family. Calyn, Max and I came home around 10 while Matt stayed to finish the Tiger Woods Wii golf game he had going with Jimmy.
I put Max in bed and Calyn wanted to color so I brought out some markers and paper so she could create some beautiful art. Cozmo started barking in the kitchen and I didn't want him to wake up Max so I jumped up fast and ran middle toe first into our chair. Immediately I knew it was broken. Wouldn't you know the next day was the day we were planning on boxing and moving 85% of our stuff to storage. Luckily Merrick had a boot from when she broke her toe several years ago so that helped in keeping it flat. For those of you that have never had a broken toe, I don't recommend it. It isn't fun especially when trying to move.
On Saturday, as I mentioned above, we began packing our house. Everything except some furniture and the items we are taking to Merrick and Jimmy's, (clothes, toiletries, medicines etc..) went to storage. The Payne house is slowly being emptied out, rooms are starting to echo, furniture is in odd places and moved away from walls in some spots and the home we have loved is becoming merely living quarters. For the last week we have eaten random things for dinner in an attempt to clean out the fridge, freezer and pantry as much as possible. We have been using solo cups, paper plates and plastic wear. Matt even bought me a large bottle of wine last night. I was so excited and then reality hit, no wine bottle opener. Wah wah wah…. If it wasn't 9:30 the Dautrich family would have seen me begging for a bottle opener at their door with a bottle of wine in my hand and a tear in my eye. Kidding of course.
Over the last several weeks I have been feverishly in any ounce of spare time working on Max's 3 year slide show. Who in the room can believe my baby will be 3 on Monday? I can tell you my hand isn't raised. I feel I am running out of time creating his video. We have had so much going on with the move that time has gotten away from me. I will have it done and ordered by Saturday so that I can have it completed by his birthday even if I have to stay up until 3 a.m. the next few nights.
Last night we had Spring Family night at Calyn's school. We got to go to the classrooms and see what the kids have been talking about. We got to see the tad poles, their unhatched praying mantis eggs, their soon to be butterflies that according to Calyn and Drew are in the chrysalis stage and Freddy their class frog (which was a hit with Max). Not to mention some activities in the class as well. We then headed to Corry's class room to check out what she has been up to and then headed to another room to view the kindergarten fairy tale projects. Of course Corry's princess and the pea was the best one in the room.
Today I go to Calyn's class to read "If You Give a Pig a Pancake" and "Max and the Chocolate Chicken" excellent choices made by Calyn.
Tonight after work we will be heading up to Powell Elementary school to enroll my baby in Kindergarten. It seems nearly impossible to me that we are headed toward the school age children stage in our lives.
I think I have now caught you up on the things we have been up to in the last week. I am so sorry there are no pictures to post. As you can see we have been a little busy. I plan on taking some this weekend during the final stages of our move.
We close a week from today.
3 years ago


1 comment:
Don't know what happened...must be all the wind....but reply to you didn't show up...must be magic...and poor toe...OCH@#%$&^I sent Max's card and etc to your folks(because I knew you would be busy with the move)Hugs, Grandma
Post a Comment