Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Almost Done Phase - Backsplash, cabinets and paint

We are nearing the end of the contracted out upgrades. Our back splash is tiled, the cabinets refinished and every room in the house including the closets have a fresh coat of paint.
The paint colors we chose were mostly warm colors, tans (living rooms, halls and spare bed and bath), browns and reds. We did have a few cool colors in there too with a gray (almost looks blue) dining and study, 1/2 blue in Max's room and VERY lilac in Calyn's room.
What a transformation in the kitchen! I am really happy with how it has all turned out. There are a few snags like some missing molding that we are going to have to replace around the bar area and Matt will have to reinstall the quarter round and the windowsill but all in all I would say I am very pleased.
I will take more pictures this weekend after we have moved in and our furniture and everything has found its place. Move in is Friday!

We still need to put back on the faucet, replace the window ledge and put back on the outlet covers


 Grey Dining Room (almost looks blue here huh?) The ceiling is a little lighter shade of grey
 Study (same with the ceiling in here)
 Master Bedroom (the ceiling is a lighter shade of tan) The ceiling is the same shade as the master bath.
 Max's bedroom. There will be a white chair rail in here
 Calyn and her very lilac room


4 comments:

Abbie said...

It looks fabulous! Can't wait for you to get settled and enjoy your new home.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love it all!! Marta

timluanne said...

Wow looks great! I know y'all are excited about moving in and starting to enjoy it!

The DeCoteau's said...

Looks great!!! Blake has a VERY lilac room as well ;) Hope the move went well!