Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving in Whitewright

This year the Payne's headed to Whitewright Texas to have Thanksgiving with Matt's family. His Uncle Wayne and Aunt Marsha live on acreage and have some cows (3 mommas, 3 babies and a bull) Technically one of the mommas was not yet a momma but was set to deliver at any day. Secretly I was hoping she would pick Thanksgiving. In the long run it was probably best she didn't. That might have brought up a whole slew of question from two curious kids.
As we have done in the past, we drove up to Allen, TX (just past Plano), ate dinner then spent the night in a hotel. We chose a hotel that had a pool. It was heated and outdoors but it was freezing outside. Matt was a trooper and swam with the kids in the pool while I enjoyed watching them from the hot tub. I tried to take the plunge in the cold water but in the end I decided warmth was a better place to be.
The next morning we got up and headed to Wayne and Marsha's. The kids had a great time running and playing and even got to ride in Uncle Wayne's tractor.
I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving too!!
Hope you are ready for a ton of pictures....

Calyn showing me a horse apple
Seriously kids, can't I just get one serious cute picture of you two?

"Mommy yook! It has a hole!"
This is a little better. I just wish it didn't look like she was trying to pinch his head off.
Calyn's best squirrel imitation
What a beauty!
Max hanging around
Us
The kids by the tractor 
 Calyn taking a ride in the tractor
 A cute one of Max, Charlie and Lois
 Max waiting patiently for his turn on the tractor
 How did we get blessed with such cute kids?
 Max and Uncle Wayne just getting done riding on the tractor
 MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Snapped this one at just the right time...
The kids playing hide and go see with Matt
The Walker family with Grandma Silks
The Payne family with Grandma Silks, Sadly this was the best one I got
All the Great Grand kids with Great Grandma.... Max has had enough
Wayne and Marsha with Grandma Silks
Grandma stealing a smooch from Max




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the pictures were great...and I can tell that the kids really enjoyed being at the farm..Hedge-apples, cows, and tractor rides...perfect Thanksgiving, Hugs, Grandma

The DeCoteau's said...

Your kiddos are beautiful!!! Love the pics!