Story I - On Saturday night (as you may have read in my last post) Matt and I went out for our friend's 30th birthday. Before heading out for the evening Matt laid Calyn in her bed and read to her. When we got home around midnight Matt went in to check on her and she was sound asleep all sprawled out in her bed. Matt woke me up when he came to bed about 1:30. He said that he had gone in one more time to check on Calyn and she was asleep still but not in her bed this time. She was asleep behind her rocking chair across the room.. We may have a sleep walker on our hands. So far (knock on wood) She hasn't done it since.
Story II - Sunday morning we went over to Merrick and Jimmy's. When we walked in Corry told Calyn that the silver car got smashed. Calyn just looked at her nodded her head up and down and said "yes I know and I am sorry about that" :)
Story III - Last night after Calyn's bath she reached into my drawer and pulled out some of my lip stick (she LOVES my make up!) I told her to put it back in my drawer. I stated we had just taken a bath so we shouldn't put on make up now. She pulled the lid off. I said "Calyn are you listening to me?" She twisted the lipstick up. I said " Calyn your not listening" She proceeded to put lipstick on her lips (she didn't quite get in the lines and had it all over her chin and cheeks too.) I took the lipstick from her and put it back in the drawer and said (and in a clam nice voice I might add) "Calyn I should really set you in time out for not listening to me. Now we have to wash your face again." Calyn just said "but I needed it" So a few hours passed and it was time for Calyn to go to bed. Daddy always reads to her so before she went to her room she came over and gave me a kiss and said "I love you mommy and I'm sorry about the lip stick" It was unprompted and too sweet!
A little something about Max. Max has been given the ok to start eating rice cereal and fruit. We have been practicing for the last week but he really hasn't showed much interest in it. Last night we were trying again. At first he wanted nothing to do with it. I couldn't get him to open his mouth for anything. The all of a sudden it was like a light went on in his brain and said hey this isn't' bad. I couldn't keep up with him. He kept griping at me because I wasn't shoveling it in fast enough. He polished off the whole bowl! He had it everywhere! A bath was required!
3 years ago


1 comment:
After reading, I can see that both the kiddo's really do need things....Calyn with make-up and Max with his cereal....and don't ever forget that both of their wants and needs are that they are growing up before our eyes....O! me....XXOOXXOO,Grandma
Post a Comment