Monday, September 29, 2008

The Potty Chronicals

Morning everyone!
I am not sure what clicked for Calyn but late last week she decided that diapers were no longer for her She has been in big girl panties ever since. She has been quite successful throughout the weekend with using her potty (even when we are out in public!)
We did have two accidents at aunt Merrick's house on Saturday but you could tell that both of them really bothered her and she was embarrassed. In fact when we went inside and I was changing her clothes she said I don't want anyone to laugh at me. :( She now just needs to learn that even if we are having fun playing we still have to stop to potty. Knocking on wood, those have been her only pee pee accidents since Wednesday. #2 is a different story until Saturday she would not go in the potty then just like the pee pee it was like a light went off now she tells me when she needs to go.
Calyn will still wear a pull up at night. She doesn't have the control at night. (I don't know that she has ever woken up dry at night) I am sure that will come soon. But during the day we are now 100% diaper free (notice I didn't commit to accident free :)

Max was his usual happy self this weekend. He has found his voice and is talking and squealing like crazy. His little face just lights up every time his sister is in the room. It is so fun to watch them together. She just sits there and talks to him and plays with him. It is so sweet!

Better go for now. I hope you all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Calyn...sounds like things are going just great..so glad Charlie and Ois have the power back...sounds like a nice Party for all the Sept.Ike Birthdays...have a good day and CAlyn and Max stay happy..Hugs and Kisses to all, Grandma

Abbie said...

Way to go Calyn! We knew you would love wearing big girl panties!!