Monday, August 10, 2009

BUSY Weekend

Wow what a weeekend! It was a busy one.
We (Matt, Merrick, Jimmy, Andrew, Olech, Lindsay, Jason and I) started out Friday evening by going to Crue Fest. It was so fun! The concert actually started at 5:00 and had several bands before the Crue actually came out. I don't know how many of you are Crue fans but they played the entire Dr. Feelgood album cover to back! It was awesome!
Saturday morning we got up and the guys (Jimmy, Olech, Matt and Andrew) went golfing for Andrew's last golf outing for the summer. Calyn Max and I went to The Little Gym for Ms. Calyn's gymnastics. After gymnastics we ran to Taco Bell / Long John Silvers and grabbed some lunch. Although I was VERY tempted to get that wonderful batter fried fish with extra crumblies I stuck to grilled Tilapia. It was good just not as artery clogging good as the other choice would have been.
Anyway, shortly after lunch the kids laid down for their naps. About the time Matt got home, they were starting to stir and I headed out the door for another concert.
This time the concert started at 5:30 and it included Julianna Hough, Blake Shelton, Sugerland and GEORGE STRAIT! Matt forfeited his ticket so that Merrick could join me (she is a big George fan) Merrick and I got stuck in traffic so we actually missed Julianna but were able to see the other three. All of them were great! We had AMAZING seats! The only draw backs to the concert were the $30 parking (ouch!) and the 45 minutes it took us to get out of the parking lot after the concert. You would have thought that for $30 they would drop you off at the door and pick you up in your own car at the exit. It was a great night and we had a great time. We were exhausted when we finally walked in the door at around 1 a.m.
Sunday we got up and around and I took Calyn to the Disney store. The little lady learned how to spell her name so she got to pick out a special treat. She picked a Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip doll. They are very nice additions to her growing collection!
After naps and a baby shower that I had to go to, we headed over to Merrick and Jimmy's to eat shredded pork, chicken our ground beef puffy taco's (home made shells that were a cross between Enrique's chips and mush) They were VERY good! It was also our chance to bid Andrew farewell. We sure will miss him it was great to have him down here this summer! I imagine we will have 4 little broken hearts when it finally hits the kids that he is gone back to Oklahoma. They sure did enjoy having him around!
Better close for now. I am already ready for another weekend. Mine just went WAY too fast and I am exhausted!

1 comment:

timluanne said...

Wow $30 and I thought $25 was bad for Kenny Chesney last year..that is just crazy they charge that much for parking! Debbie and I said the same thing about they should at least pick you up and drop you back off if you pay that much. I heard it was a great concert!