Lately Calyn's two favorite past times in the evening are clicking on the computer (Nick Jr.) and watching a TV show on the iPod before bed.
Tuesday evening when daddy told her it was time to go brush her teeth she threw herself a big hissy fit because she wanted to "Dress up Ruby" one of the many activities on the Nick Jr. website. Matt told her no and she melted down. She was in her room for a good 15 minutes when I started hearing her yell something I got up from the couch and listened at her door she was YELLING "Momma, I said get your popo (what we call a rear) in here right now!!!" After a few chuckles and telling Matt what she was yelling, I walked in her room with my hands on my hips and that "watch it missy" look on my face and she said (in the sweetest voice) "Momma can I please click on Max and Ruby?" After what seemed like an eternity of this exchange she finally decided that she would brush her teeth, watch her show on the iPod then go to sleep. Fast forward to last night....
After her 30 minutes on the computer I told her it was time to go brush her teeth and get ready for bed.... let the melt down begin.... only this time when she wouldn't listen to me or Matt the iPod was removed from the nightly routine. She cried for a good 30 minutes before finally brushing her teeth (still crying and constantly repeating "but I can't sleep without my iPod") All while I am thinking, we've created a monster.
Eventually Calyn did calm down. After brushing her teeth I laid in bed and was talking to her and I asked her if she knew why the iPod got taken away from her and she said " because the battery was dead" (huh?) I explained that wasn't the reason and told her that little ladies do not act like that or speak to their parents that way and when she does things like that she looses the opportunity to play with special things. I asked her if she understood and she said "yes momma" Now if she really does that is a different story. :)
I don't want you to think Calyn is this mean nasty little thing. 90% of the time Calyn really is a sweet helpful little girl that keeps us laughing with her stories, her phrases and her creative little mind. The other 10% of the time she is 3.
In Max news, he still isn't much of a talker yet kitty, doggy, thank you are all he really has been saying until a few days ago. Calyn has this Wicked Witch of the West doll that has a button on her back. When you push the button it plays the witch theme you know du du dut da du du (beautiful, I know) Max loves this doll. Once it has stopped playing the music he will bring her to me and say "again" and sometimes "do again" Very cute.
3 years ago


2 comments:
Calyn, Calyn, Calyn - I think she is 3 going on 13!!! I am sure it is hard keeping a serious looking mommy face! I can laugh because I am the Great Aunt!!! Marta
Sure glad I didn't have to deal with all the modern stuff of today...Good Luck, DD and Matt...Hugs to all, Grandma
Post a Comment