Calyn LOVES gum so a while back I bought her this $4 mini gum ball machine at Wal-Mart. You know the plastic kind that holds those small round gum balls? She loves it and would usually get two pieces of gum every night. Max got to an age where he realized hey she's getting something and I am not! He would point at the little gum ball machine and give his best and loudest EHHH?! Obviously, I am not going to give my 1 year old a hard round gum ball, so we started giving him an M&M out of our big gumball machine (where we keep peanut M&M's). I am sad to say he has a small addiction..... peanut M&M's he is constantly at the counter where the big gumball machine is frantically going EHHH?! and MMMM MMMMM (I thing his version of saying Give me an M&M Woman!)
I think the asking for M&M's got so bad yesterday that my mom finally had to cover the machine up with a dish towel. It worked because he didn't ask for a single M&M last night Out of sight out of mind I guess.
Perhaps next time we try and make him happy with a "treat" we should use grapes or something. Awe who am I kidding? Those would just become things he can throw, they are no where near as yummy as a peanut M&M!
3 years ago


1 comment:
I guess you can say cover-up all the fun things with a T-towel...so funny...and you lose the desire of M&M's...Hugs to all, Grandma
Post a Comment