My bosses birthday is today and it was my turn to make the cake. He was in meetings all day today so we are actually celebrating tomorrow. His favorite (so I'm told) is pineapple upside-down cake.
Calyn, my little helper, was standing on the chair while we made the cake together. When it came time to put the cake in the oven Matt said he was going to take her into the study and they were going to play on the computer. He wanted me to come tell them when the timer went off because it would be time to brush her teeth and get ready for bed. When the timer went off and I went in there
Calyn started melting down. So she was told to go to her room and when she was ready to brush her teeth she could come out. She cried and cried and cried. I could hear her saying something so I went and stood at her door way. This time she wasn't yelling at me instead she was sobbing saying over and over " The cake smells really good and no one will let me have a piece" Poor thing! I made her a promise that I would bring her some home tomorrow. Surely Wes won't mind.
I was playing around with the manual focus and different lighting with my
camrea tonight. Here are just a few pics of the kids. I think my next investment will be some photo editing software. The pictures turned out cute but both my kids have pizza on their face.
Look at those cute little teeth

Now that this picture is on here it, looks sideways but she was laying down.

Max actually saying cheese

My FAVORITE Picture!!!

4 comments:
Calyn is such a hoot. She always seems to have a way of getting your sympathy.
Calyn is too cute! Poor little girl- Mommy holding back on the cake. I hope you brought her home a piece!
I want some cake, too....I could almost smell it and I'm sure she could...darling pictures...Hugs to all, Grandma
I love that she (Calyn) is so dramatic - can't wait to see what the teen years bring!!! Marta
Post a Comment