Last night for something to do Calyn and I made Auntie M's famous sugar cookie dough. It has to chill in saran wrap over night so I called mom and told her if she is looking for something fun and different to do she could roll out the dough and have the kids help her make some cookies. She did and although I think maybe they ate more than they cut and cooked (who can blame them) I think they had a great time!
After nap mom called me at work and said Calyn wants to talk to you. I said ok and here is how our conversation went (and an explanation to follow)
Calyn "hi momma"
Me: Hi sweetness what have you been doing today?"
Calyn: "We baked cookies. Do you like cookies?"
Me: "You did? I LOVE cookies"
Calyn: "Me too. I only ate my cookie. I love you bye mommy"
Me: "Love you too. bye bye"
After this conversation mom got on the phone and told me that the cookies that they had saved for me, Matt, Merrick and Jimmy were haunting Calyn. They were haunting her so bad that she kept telling mom "my mommy doesn't like cookies so I think she would want me to eat hers" Obviously, if I had known that I would have just told her she could have mine but mom wanted to see what she would do when I told her I loved cookies. So, what did she do you might ask?
My sweet little girl saved me a cookie and did not mention it again until I came home. As soon as my foot entered the house Calyn said "mommy come here and eat your cookie. I saved it for you." She picked out a cookie shaped like a heart for me and took one for herself. Corry and Drew also took one off the plate. Mom walked in and said Calyn isn't that your daddy's cookie? and Calyn said "no it's mine we will make him more later" (which we did with the rest of the batch) As for Merrick and Jimmy, I think they got to split 1/2 a cookie that was left over from Corry and Drew. :)
*A random note to answer Grandma's question* Grandma, the girls did great with their sleep over on Saturday. It is becoming a weekly occurrence so they are getting quite used to sleeping over at each other's house. Calyn now sleeps without a night light at our house so she and Corry were able to sleep in Calyn's room for the first time this weekend. Usually they are with me in my bed. Does anyone know what it is like to sleep between a 3 year old and 4 year old? If not let me just tell you, it is MISERABLE! Those girls are WILD sleepers. There was one point, a couple of weeks ago, when I woke up with both girls sleeping completely sideways with Corry's feet on my right hip and Calyns feet on my left hip. I was wedged! So needless to say, it was WONDERFUL having them sleep in Calyn's room together while I was sleeping like a baby in my bed.
3 years ago


3 comments:
Gosh, I'm so glad you got to sleep in your own bed without 4 little busy feet...and so glad the night light is still out...did you make Calyn's bed into a double bed?...and sure glad you got a cookie...next time Terry will have to bake some "hide-aways" while they nap..so funny...Hugs to all, Grandma
Tweeds cracks me up. When I got home my portion of the cookie was on the kitchen counter. Since it looked like a half eaten cookie I assumed whoever was eating it was finished & I tossed it. When Corry came down she told me that she had a cookie for me (oops!) I told her I ate it and it was delicious. A little white lie doesn't hurt when it comes to saving a sweet little 4 year old's feelings does it?
Your kids are just a hoot. They sound like little cookie monsters. I take turns sleeping with Mike's kids when I visit or they visit. Emma is notorious for sleeping catty corner in the bed & stealing my soft down pillow (I finally gave her my extra one). Nathan is a snuggler. He likes to have a hand on you when he is sleeping. Josh is a little wilder but getting better & Cooper is a pretty calm sleeper. Eddie & Luke are & have always been really wild sleepers.
Post a Comment