Friday, September 25, 2009

Poop!

OK possibly TMI but this was a funny conversation I had with Calyn. Yesterday as I was starting to cook dinner Calyn blazed by me and said "I need to go potty in your bathroom" About a minute later I went in there to make sure she was ok. She was standing in there wiping and she said "I hate pooping" I said oh why is that? She said "It's just boring" Boring? I said and she responded "Yeah, boring all you do is sit and poop and poop and poop and you don't even get to play with toys or anything." So funny!

It case you are wondering Max is doing great. This week he has really been trying to mimic the words I am saying. When he does this I am really trying to make a point to repeat the word again and tell him what it means or show him the object so he associates it with the word. It just amazes me how different he and Calyn are in their vocabulary levels at that age. Calyn was speaking full sentences by 18 months and Max has a few words that he says and a few two word phrases. I think Max's vocabulary is more "normal" for a 17 month old than Calyn's was. Even though it will mean my baby is growing up I can't wait to be able to understand him. I have a feeling he is going to be a funny one too!

2 comments:

lala00 said...

Boys and girls are so different! It seems like girls are born with things to say and boys still can't figure out the right words 30 years later...ha! Calyn's story was great.

timluanne said...

Oh Calyn she is a funny little girl! Too funny!