Matt leaves this morning at 7 a.m. to go hunting. We are not big hunters in our family so you can imagine my surprise when Matt sent me an e-mail on Wednesday and said Mickey (the owner of the company) has ask me to go on a bird hunting trip this weekend with him. I would leave Friday morning and come back Sunday afternoon. This is kind of a big deal.. The Nickleback concert is this weekend and I would miss it (we were supposed to go to the concert). I would also have to get a hunting license (no big deal, it is $20). I am stunned he even asked me to go. What would you do? (pretend you love shooting stuff)"
I think my first thought was HUH? What? Hunting? Have you ever shot anything besides a paper target? Seriously? Obviously, I told him not to worry about the concert and to go and have a good time killing poor unsuspecting innocent birds. The concert was sold out so it wasn't hard to find a taker. Lindsay and Olech were happy to go in our place.
Last night Calyn was getting ready to fall asleep and she asked if I had to work tomorrow. I told her yes. She said does daddy? I explained (again) that he was going away for the weekend (we didn't explain to her that it was to kill unsuspecting innocent birds) and she just started bawling and said "I don't want my daddy to go, I will miss him!" It was sweet.
Last night was a busy one, the kids and I went to dinner with Merrick, Corry and Drew then met Matt at the High School to watch Randy's (Lindsay's brother) JV game. The kids had a blast playing in the area beside the bleachers and getting treats from the concession stand.
Max was playing in the sand (at the end of the triple jump track) having a blast throwing sand and "jumping" from the track to the sand. On two separate occasions though people called him a "SHE!" Seriously? Would I dress my little girl in an outfit that says "Creepy, Crawly, Critters one bazillion kind? grrr! Merrick was standing there on one of the occasions and when the guy walked off she said the funny thing is that was the outfit that Drew was wearing when he got called a girl twice.
I have said that once Max's hair starts getting in his eyes or people start calling him a girl it's time to get the hair cut. With a sniff, sniff and a tear, When we go back to Ponca next week he will go to Barney's to get it cut. :*(
Hope you all have a great day!!!
3 years ago


3 comments:
Sniff,Sniff...me,too...he's just a cute little boy...let Max take his baseball bat next time...and see if anyone says "what a cute little girl",and off his knee caps will GO.....Hugs to all,Grandma
On the plane home from Germany, Mike was an infant & Scott was 2 &1/2 yrs old. The flight attendant said to Mike "aren't you a cute little girl & I see you have a big sister too" Warren said "HIS name is Mike & HIS brother is SCOTT!". They weren't even dress in girl clothes or anything remotely unisex!
Max is a perfectly adorable little boy and not in a girly way at all. I think there are a lot of people who have issues with obvious clues. Blake has been called a boy several times and even when she was wearing pink...how hard is that?! Even the doctor referred to her as a boy in our first appointment, but I'm sure that was because of the name.
Post a Comment