Saturday was a cool day so I decided to make some Good Luck Soup for dinner (thanks Leslie for the recipe). I called Merrick and Jimmy to see if they wanted to come over to eat and sit by our fire pit outside. Coincidentally she was in the middle of making baked potato soup. It was decided they would come over and we would eat soup together.
After we ate and hung out for a while Lois and Charlie showed up. Charlie ran to the store to get the provisions for s’mores while the rest of us heard a very interesting story about Rolly Polly’s that was told by Calyn. It went something like this.
Calyn: Grandma Ois I want to tell you a story
Ois: Oh what is the story about?
Calyn: Rolly Pollys, once there was this rolly polly and he liked to take his shell off so it can be nudie
Ois: Oh my, what do they look like nudie?
Calyn: They are really skinny. My rolly polly liked to roll into a ball. One day it wanted to go home so I put it on the ground. He crawled into the hole in the tree. It was a strange place
Ois: What was this strange place?
Calyn: It was Ponca City.
Ois: Do you think Ponca City is strange?
Calyn: We don’t think Ponca City is strange but other people do. When the rolly polly was in Ponca City he went to Auntie M’s house. When Auntie M saw him on the back porch she went EEEEEE and screamed really loud and jumped into Uncle Gary’s arms and he carried her inside.
If I recall correctly that is about where that segment of the story ended. A little later though she added
Calyn: Wouldn’t that be silly if rolly polly’s had hair?
Ois: What do you think they would look like if they had hair?
Calyn: Auntie M
The good news about looking like a rolly polly Auntie M, you are skinny when you are nudie.
3 years ago


5 comments:
That is so funny! I will never look at a rolly polly and not think of Miss Calyn!! Love, Marta aka Auntie M the rolly polly!
My goodness that girl has an imagination - and of course I love the part about PC being strange!! I used to hear that at COP sometimes and it wouldn't make me too happy! :) So how was the soup???
Oh that was funny.. I bet she said all of it with a straight face which would make it even funnier.. that Calyn what a little imagination she has!
That's my Calyn...I can just see her telling Ois the story...saw picture of Max in the clothes basket...at Corry's house...what they don't think of....Hugs to all...Grandma
Calyn really has a great imagination. Maybe she will grow up to be a novelist. I love the details in her stories.
Post a Comment