I apologize for the out dated picture. This was from right after she had her toe removed from her cancer surgery 5 years ago. It is the only picture of her that I have on my work computer though.
Lexi is my 10 year old (will be 11 next month) mini schnauzer. Matt gave her to me what will be 11 Christmases ago this December.
Lexi woke us up this morning scratching and barking. I let her out and noticed that she was kind of limping. When I let her back in this she continued to scratch. As I was drying my hair this morning Matt came into the bathroom and said something got her. She has bumps all over her head, neck and body. Thinking she probably got into a battle with fire ants or something. I quickly grabbed the benedryl and shoved it down her throat (nice I know) then stuck her in the bath.
As I was giving her a bath I found two dead mosquitoes floating in the water. I don't know if they were eating her alive or if they bit her enough to spur an allergic reaction and she broke out into hives. Either way, I am pretty sure they were the source of our little puppy's pain. :(
By the time I left the Benadryl seemed to be helping a little. Hopefully she will be back to her usual self soon! The poor thing was miserable (and so were we!)


2 comments:
poor wittle wegs
Oh no :( Marta
Post a Comment