Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I feel like I am so behind on my updates. We have been so busy (tis the season) and my posts about our daily lives have kind of fallen by the way side…. Bad me!
We didn’t get to do our weekly Crown and Coke night last week because Jimmy’s office had the nerve to schedule their Christmas party on a Friday. What were they thinking? That didn’t stop us though. Matt, Merrick, Jimmy, the kids and I got together on Saturday to make up for it.
Pretty much as soon as we walked in Merrick and Jimmy’s front door Calyn and Corry were asking to have a sleep over and so we did.
I think the girls had a really good time. They love to play with their dolls together.
Beautiful girls

Super Silly Faces!

Max enjoying a donut at the slumber party


Max got his ears lowered yesterday (he got a hair cut). We were the only ones in the shop at the time and the two female hair stylists were very impressed with Max's behavior. He just sat there in all of his cuteness and would occasionally give a big smile. He was so good. One of the girls asked me if he was a calm baby. I said you would think that by looking at him now but no. He is a punk. I went on to explain that just 30 minutes earlier I was cooking Max and Calyn some dinner and I turned around and he was standing on my kitchen counter dancing with a huge smile on his face. He had climbed up our big Chofa (mix between a chair and a sofa) and pulled himself up there. So the guy continues to cut Max's hair and says awe did the little guy bump his head? I said yep that is when he climbed on the Sofa on Friday night and fell off and hit his head on the end table…. Houston we have a climber. I am just waiting for the day I turn my back and he is on top of the refrigerator like Travis (my cousin) did.
Although I do not have a picture of him standing on the counter, I do have one that should have warned me it was bound to happen soon.


And finally, Cecil's time is very limited at the Payne house this year. He will sit by Santa's plate of cookies on Christmas eve and hitch a ride home until next year around Thanksgiving. We will miss Cecil and who knows if behavior goes awry he may just make an appearance. After all, Santa is watching all year round!
Here's where he was found on Wednesday

Thursday he was on his way to a fire

Friday he was trying to sneak a peak at all the presents in the attic

Saturday he was having some breakfast

Sunday he was trying to cool off on the fan

Monday he was waiting for breakfast to cook

and this morning he was found snuggling with baby Snow White

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE CLIMBER AND THE BIG SMILE REALLY GO TOGETHER...AND CECIL IS STILL MIGHTY BUSY...DARLING PICTURES OF THEKIDS...HUGS,GRANDMA

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for our visit! Auntie M cute pics!!!

The DeCoteau's said...

Max is so darn cute...even when he's monkeyin' around. The picture of the girls is so great. That is awesome that they enjoy having sleepovers together. Also, LOVED Max as an elf. I've had a few other friends who have made videos and he is by far the cutest I've seen yet! Have a Happy New Year!!!

Leslie said...

Where are your updates? Is everyone okay??