Oh my goodness I don’t know where to even start. Where did I leave off? Where have I been? What have I done? I have been such a slacker that is all there is to it. We have not fallen off the face of the earth; I just took a break from reality for a while.
I left work at 2:30 on December 23rd and completely avoided all computers. I needed the break. It was so nice to not worry about work, blogs, e-mail etc… I just spent the last week and a half focused on my kids, my family and myself. It has been wonderful.
Today was back to reality when my alarm went off at 4:46 a.m. telling me that it was time to get up and workout. (I even took a break from that if you can believe it?)
Today’s post is going to be a rather long one. I want to hit on all the highlights of the last two weeks. At the end of my post I will post a link to the pictures on Facebook of our Christmas and New Years celebrations.
Christmas truly was magical this year. The kids (with the exception of Max) got the idea and magic of Santa. It was so fun to see them get so excited waiting for him. Christmas Eve we all got together at Merrick and Jimmy’s for a steak dinner and to make Christmas cookies for Santa. The kids would periodically take a break to run and check the chimney for any unusual noises. It was precious. Max wasn’t completely oblivious to what was going on. Every time he saw a picture of Santa he would say Ho Ho Ho and he really understood eating cookie dough and the concept of opening gifts and getting a prize. He even tried to open a few under our tree before Christmas. I think Christmas Eve was the one day of the whole year that Calyn actually was ready for bed at 9:30 and only wanted one book that night because she needed to hurry up and go to bed so Santa would come. Sadly Cecil did have to leave us Christmas Eve but he will return soon enough I am sure.
Max's idea of helping with Santa's cookies was eating the dough
Drew hard at work
Calyn working the cookies two at a time
Now that is concentration!
Santa are you there?
SANTA!!!!!
Cecils final spot before his trek back to the North Pole
Christmas morning would you believe that we had to wake our two sleepy heads up? I figured we would have to wake up Max but Calyn I thought for sure would be up before the sun checking out all her prizes from Santa.
The loot. From this angle it looks like Max got more than Calyn but I assure you they were equal
Christmas morning we opened our gifts with Calyn and Max then shortly after Matt’s parents came over and we did our Christmas with them. Max started melting down around 11:00 (after all we did interrupt his beauty sleep) so we laid him down and played with Calyn’s new toys. Our house looked like Santa had puked Christmas joy everywhere! After Max’s nap and showers we all headed over to mom and dad’s to continue in the Christmas festivities. We drank egg nog, laughed and opened even more gifts and enjoyed being with family. Later in the evening we were joined by Matt’s parents, Jimmy’s parents and Lindsay’s mom and brothers for a few more laughs and dinner.
Mom and Dad's pretty tree
The yummy Egg Nog
What happens after you have had one too many egg nogs. This thing is actually pretty cool. The kids get in it one at a time and you roll them around the yard and they bounce around. When an adult gets in it... it pops Luckily it came with a patch
Around New Years the family slowly started falling to pieces. Drew go sick with a 24 hour stomach bug on Wednesday, Merrick got it Thursday night and stayed quarantined in her bedroom while we all celebrated the New Year at her house. About 10 minutes before the big ball dropped Max started throwing up. After getting home, Mom, Grandma (here visiting from OK) and Matt all started in with the bug. The next day, it was my turn. It was no fun! We all felt so bad that Marta, Gary, Andrew and Grandma came down for a visit only to see us all puke our guts out. The good news is when I weighed myself this morning after not working out for two weeks, I hadn’t gained any weight. I think a lot of that I owe to puking my brains out and having no appetite for the last few days. We all started the New Year puking. Let’s just hope that it gets better from here!Some family members playing dominos
He's a two paci kind of guy
Calyn playing around with Matt
Silly Drew
The girls playing with Papa Charlie
My poor sick Max :(
If you would like to check out all the pics you can click on the link below and it will take you to my facebook photos http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2047494&id=1429356370&l=fc4a78589f


2 comments:
Whoa - I don't even know where to start! Your title is funny! :)
THAT JUST ABOUT SAYS IT ALL...EXCEPT, WE DID HAVE A GOOD TIME...PICTURES WERE GREAT AS ALWAYS...HUGS TO ALL,GRANDMA
Post a Comment