As you know these kids pick up on everything. For the most part I really try and watch what I say but every once in a while something will slip out like a ‘hell’ or a ‘damn’ or ‘stupid’ and I am quickly reminded by my sweet little impressionable 4 year old that this is not appropriate language. I am going somewhere with this, I promise!
On Wednesdays the Dautrich Family goes to Wings and More for kids eat free night. Since we have gymnastics on Wednesdays until 7:30 we usually do not join them. This week however, in celebration of St. Patty’s day we went so we could have our annual green beer.
Of course as soon as our food arrived Calyn, like clockwork, said “I need to go potty.” And immediately Corry said “me too”! So off we went to the ladies room. As soon as we walked in the bathroom Calyn announced “Man! I need to take a big Duke of Earl!”…
Shortly after those words were spoken I heard laughter from the lady that was in the first stall and my face turned red.
I can assure you one thing; it was not I who taught her that phrase. I will not point fingers, I will just say he was of the male persuasion and does not live in my house. In all fairness to Jimmy (ooops did I just spill the beans) I know for a fact Drew has learned a phrase from Matt that doesn’t really fit in a youngster’s vocabulary as well. So now I would say “we’re even”
3 years ago


3 comments:
That's funny! Marta
YUP! I DON'T KNOW WHAT DREW HEARD...THAT'S OK,DON'T TELL ME...BUT YOU ARE EVEN....HUGS, GRANDMA
Drew heard "Do you need to take a dump?" and he enjoys using the phrase at any and every inappropriate moment.
Post a Comment