Sunday, January 31, 2010

Click Click Click Click Click What's That Sound???

It's the sound of the dogs nails on our new flooring. As annoying as the sound may be I am LOVING our new floors!! Friday two men came to our house to begin work on our new floors. They ripped out the old stained gross 8 year old carpet and pad. Ground off all of the old padding and glue from the bare slab and began their process. Matt stayed around the house with the men while the kids and I tried to avoid the house as much as possible so we didn't get in their way.
The first day there were two guys and they got all the carpet cleared out, put the water proofing down up to the hall and got about 3/4ths of the living room done. They only stopped working for a few mintues to eat the pizza that I brought them for lunch.  Saturday there were three men working. They got the hall level, finished all the wood, transition pieces and put in the new painted quarter round. Again only taking a break to eat some Arbys.
Today the owner / manager came over to make sure everything was to our liking. We are going to have them change out two of the transition pieces. We still don't quite know why they used different ones for two of our door ways. (the guy explained to Matt why they did but I wasn't paying attention at all) Still we decided to make them all uniform. So the guys will be coming back out to replace those pieces sometime this week.... no big deal.
Matt and I then caulked the quarter round and I painted our old dingy baseboards to match the new gleaming white quarter round. Now it looks perfect
The floors are beautiful! We do have an area rug already that will go perfect in the room. We need to get it cleaned though. It's been in our garage for quite some time now. We also have a coffee table but Matt was still working on hooking back up the TV when I took the pictures so we hadn't moved it back in yet.
Let me know what you think!
Before: Gross, nasty stained carpet
The kids eating breakfast this morning among the sea of furniture. (really, you didn't think I could have a post without my kids in it did you?)

The new floor with no furniture
The new floor with furniture (minus the coffee table and area rug)

6 comments:

Scott said...

Hard to believe your carpets were 8 years old... seems like you just moved in there yesterday. But I can tell you, 8 year old carpet is NASTY! Especially when it has been through the raising of kids. Ours was 10 years old and it was a haz-mat situation!

The floors look really nice. Is that a laminate floor?

lala00 said...

That looks great! After 2 years with no carpet I have to say it grosses me out now. I don't ever want a living room without solid floors again.

The DeCoteau's said...

WOW!!! It looks great! I won't tell you how old our living room carpet is, but we may actually get new carpet soon...keeping my fingers crossed. I LOVE the look! And, Max getting that extra bath time in in the last post was absolutely hilarious!

timluanne said...

What a big difference. Looks good.

Ryan said...

Love the floors! They look amazing! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! LOOKS GREAT...AND I'M SURE YOU ARE REALLY GOING TO ENJOY YOUR NEW FLOORS...and in no time, you won't hear the CLICK,CLICK....hugs to all,Grandma