Thursday, January 21, 2010

What's in a Name?

For a little girl learning to write it, EVERYTHING. Calyn has shown no interest in writing her name... until tonight.  In the past, every time I have asked her if she wants to learn to write it she says "I already know how" then says C-A-L-Y-N while writing OOOOO (she is very good at circles). Tonight I asked her if she wanted to learn how to write her name and she said "yes will you teached me?" So I did. I think she did very good for the first time actually trying to write the letters of her name. I spelled it out in the top left corner of the paper and told her to study how it looked then try and write it.
After looking at it for a bit she said ok I want to try.
As you will clearly see below the C is the big C on the page the a is the thing that looks like a tadpole the l is the straight line  (kind of next to the c and above the "tadpole") the y is the backwards 7 above the l and the n is directly above the l (backwards 7) like I said.... not bad at all for a first time trying to actually spell out her name

No comments: