I took my first stab at baking a ham. While it turned out delicious it was almost the ham that was not. I first put the ham in the roasting pan (just a disposable one from WalMart) got it ready then stuck it in the oven to hear shhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Eurika, the problem was a whole in the bottom of the pan. We lined it with foil stuck it in the smokey oven and off to WalMart I went to get another. I MADE SURE this one had no holes in it. I successfully transferred the ham to the new pan and all was good. All was good until I trimmed the fat off the ham right before putting the glaze on. You guessed it hole #2. Luckily, this time foil was all we needed to hold the glaze and ham and bake for another 30 min. Then as I was taking it out to the car to go over to mom and dad's I tripped and did one of those slow motion NOOOOOOOO! Luckily I am quite agile and managed to stay on my feet with the ham in the roasting pan.
At mom and dad's The whole fam got together for more Easter egg hunting, tons of food, including but not limited to, ham, turkey, green beans, scalloped potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, mac & cheese, stuffing and jello. Not to mention desserts upon desserts. UMMM!
The kids had a blast playing in the bouncy house, blowing bubbles and playing games.
We did have a few minor melt downs from the Payne kids but in all it was a wonderful day! On with the pictures
Finding their loot from the EB. It included, candy a few small toys, Princess and the Frog for Calyn, Chipmunks II for Max and an inflatable swimming pool for both
Hunting Eggs
Daddy and Calyn
Mommy and Max
A yard full of whimsy
Calyn trying to make the big pin wheel go
Drew playing some tennis
Before you view these next pictures please note, normally we do not let our kids do nudie egg hunting in the front yard. We had just completed eating lunch and a small food fight took place among the kiddos. The popular item to throw was red jello. So when it came time to hunt eggs all of their clothes were in the wash. Corry decided she would wear one of Grandma Cheb's shirts.
A few sweet smiling faces
and finally Max giving the bubbles a blow


4 comments:
Love all of the pictures and it looks like you had lots of fun. I especially love the one of you and Max - your hair looks fab!
What a fun Easter all of you had..and such good pictures of the kids...DD, I can just see you with the ham and all the baking and getting it to party...sure glad you're young..to be able to balance...are you sure someone didn't give you a push???ha, just got my computer running...but so far no e-mail...but have really enjoyed the blogs and see'en all the smiles..Hugs, Grandma
You know as I sit here and think about how funny a JELLO fight would have been.. I'm sure I would have been in the middle of all the throwing haha.
Andrew
I'm sure Grandpa Guier is smiling up/down? from where ever on the "awesome" job your Mom did decorating the backyard. I'm sure he would be so proud!
Post a Comment